Silencer Central Experience Needed

UP NORTH

WKR
Those who have went through Silencer Central to purchase a suppressor how did go? Looking at getting a Banish 30.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look at TBAC, Dead Air, CGS, Otter Creek, and probably others I’m forgetting before I would buy a Banish.

Plus when I called them and said I wanted to buy an Ultra 9 through them. The salesman basically called me an idiot for wanting a Thunderbeast.

I went through them for my first and only Suppressor. I still don’t have it yet (not their fault). 173 days. But they made the process super easy I thought. I also got the banish 30

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Used them with no issues, the banish 30 is a great silencer. As it happens I had another painless experience with them earlier today ordering another silencer. I told them what I wanted, they suggested another banish, I simply told them I was looking for something different and they ordered it up for me. Zero back and forth. They already had all my stuff on file so it was even easier than the first time. There’s no silencer dealer where I live so getting them mailed is great.

Edit to add, I did the whole thing through text, didn’t even have to talk to anybody and now I have a TBAC 7 direct thread silencer in the works.

ShakeDown

WKR
I have a Banish 30 in jail and was not impressed with communication or the fingerprint process. If I could do it again I would use a kiosk supported company or add on the at home fingerprint kit, and ship back my prints priority.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a Banish 30 in jail and was not impressed with communication or the fingerprint process. If I could do it again I would use a kiosk supported company or add on the at home fingerprint kit, and ship back my prints priority.
When o ordered from them, they automatically included the fingerprint kit and a return envelope. It was incredibly easy in every way. Maybe they changed things since I did it though.

Also, they keep fingerprints on file, I placed an order today and I dont need to re submit fingerprints or photos. Between that and the payment plan, it makes it pretty damn easy.

As for communication, I got a monthly email basically telling me that it was still in the process, then o got a text and email at the same time saying I was good to go.

ShakeDown

WKR
That’s accurate as far as re-orders, and fingerprints on file. I was referring to restarting the process, because I did not opt for the $9.99 fingerprint kit (my mistake).

I did my prints locally, which was a little bit of a fiasco during the pandemic, and used their pre-paid envelope.

Two weeks later, I had not received confirmation they had my prints. I sent CS an email. No reply. I called and left a VM, no return call. I ended up calling 3x before I got a CS rep on the phone, and was told their prepaid envelopes took up to 4 weeks for them to receive.

Ironically, the day I mailed their pre-paid envelope back I also mailed a buddy in UT a bino harness for his son, it was there in 2 days.

The process has not been bad. I just think the communication could have been better. I also gladly would have paid for priority shipping myself on the prints than tack on any additional time. A kiosk would have alleviated this.

I also ordered two suppressors via paper forms about 4 weeks before e forms were approved. I’m still waiting and a buddy that applied 2 months after me via e form has had his can now for a few months. That would have been nice to know too at the time, but of course that is on me.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That’s accurate as far as re-orders, and fingerprints on file. I was referring to restarting the process, because I did not opt for the $9.99 fingerprint kit (my mistake).

I did my prints locally, which was a little bit of a fiasco during the pandemic, and used their pre-paid envelope.

Two weeks later, I had not received confirmation they had my prints. I sent CS an email. No reply. I called and left a VM, no return call. I ended up calling 3x before I got a CS rep on the phone, and was told their prepaid envelopes took up to 4 weeks for them to receive.

Ironically, the day I mailed their pre-paid envelope back I also mailed a buddy in UT a bino harness for his son, it was there in 2 days.

The process has not been bad. I just think the communication could have been better. I also gladly would have paid for priority shipping myself on the prints than tack on any additional time. A kiosk would have alleviated this.

I also ordered two suppressors via paper forms about 4 weeks before e forms were approved. I’m still waiting and a buddy that applied 2 months after me via e form has had his can now for a few months. That would have been nice to know too at the time, but of course that is on me.

That’s unfortunate, I’ve always been able to get somebody on the phone when I’ve called. I’m not trying to stick up for them or anything, I think silencer shop is probably a better business to deal with but I just haven’t had issues with silencer central.

My first 2 were paper forms and took almost exactly 14 months. The 2 I ordered today will be the electronic version but I’m guessing they will have to order them from the manufacturer and who knows how long that will take, I think the only stuff they have in stock is what you see on the web page but they can get whatever.

Like I said, I really like my banish 30 but the main reason I used them a 2nd time was because they can ship right to me.

OP
UP NORTH

UP NORTH

WKR
I would look at TBAC, Dead Air, CGS, Otter Creek, and probably others I’m forgetting before I would buy a Banish.

Plus when I called them and said I wanted to buy an Ultra 9 through them. The salesman basically called me an idiot for wanting a Thunderbeast.

Are these others that you listed slightly more quite than a Banish 30? I’m curious on what makes these better ? I was also looking at a Omega 300.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Are these others that you listed slightly more quite than a Banish 30? I’m curious on what makes these better ? I was also looking at a Omega 300.

Probably not in any way that you could tell without proper decimal measuring equipment. Nothing wrong with the banish.

I just ordered a TBAC because I needed another can, I actually switched what I wanted at the very last minute. Being more quiet wasn’t part of the reason I went that route.

Last edited:

ShakeDown

WKR
What drew me to the Banish initially was the option to run the can 9” or in a shorter 7” configuration. Also the weight is pretty light in comparison to competition.

The second suppressor I ordered was the Banish 22.

I think my next order will be a TBAC 5.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What drew me to the Banish initially was the option to run the can 9” or in a shorter 7” configuration. Also the weight is pretty light in comparison to competition.

The second suppressor I ordered was the Banish 22.

I think my next order will be a TBAC 5.
That is a cool feature with the banish 30. I really like mine and I’d buy it again.

I'll never deal with them again. I bought 3 Banish cans on Dec 20th. It took them until Feb 20th to submit them to the ATF. C,mon, 2 frigging months? Then it took the ATF until Feb 26th to send my conf email. I am already 66 days in at this point, into what the salesman said would be 90 or LESS, total. All I got outta them was excuses, lies and broken promises. Finally got the email from the ATF that only one of the 3 had been approved. That was on Aug 11th. The email I received from SC that day said they had to notify my local sheriff, and then 'must' wait at least 7 days before they could mail it. Well, it's now Aug 27th and nothing.... Jeez, it's not like they didn't have 8 frigging months to have these ready to mail. As of yesterday, the other 2 are still pending, not assigned.

Split toe

WKR
Those who have went through Silencer Central to purchase a suppressor how did go? Looking at getting a Banish 30.

Thank you

Better options out there in respect to the suppressor.

Check out Pew Science for an objective source comparing them.

Split toe

WKR
I'll never deal with them again. I bought 3 Banish cans on Dec 20th. It took them until Feb 20th to submit them to the ATF. C,mon, 2 frigging months? Then it took the ATF until Feb 26th to send my conf email. I am already 66 days in at this point, into what the salesman said would be 90 or LESS, total. All I got outta them was excuses, lies and broken promises. Finally got the email from the ATF that only one of the 3 had been approved. That was on Aug 11th. The email I received from SC that day said they had to notify my local sheriff, and then 'must' wait at least 7 days before they could mail it. Well, it's now Aug 27th and nothing.... Jeez, it's not like they didn't have 8 frigging months to have these ready to mail. As of yesterday, the other 2 are still pending, not assigned.
Same situation happened to my cousin with them. Would never buy from them.

OP
UP NORTH

UP NORTH

WKR
Better options out there in respect to the suppressor.

Check out Pew Science for an objective source comparing them.

Thanks I will give it a look. I’m really open to most options for a 30 cal can. I liked the idea of the Banish being user serviceable but from what I read center fire cans don’t need cleaning for 1000 or 2 rounds which is a ton for me since it will be for my hunting rifles.

duchntr

WKR

Same experience with slow/lost or delayed paperwork submittal to the ATF, about 1.5 years from time of order to delivery.

Weldor

WKR
I had a painless and timely deal with them 8 months delivered. No issues. Sorry to hear about the others bad experience's.

Last edited:

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
While their process is easy, I agree with the others on the delays. I did the Black Friday deal last year along with having some gift money I’d received to spend there (parents live in SD and know some folks there). and paperwork didn’t go in until late January. They promote their payment plan and the way they drag their feet, you are paid in full almost before the paperwork goes in. Kiosk or local dealer only for me going forward.

tony

WKR
Hearing the silencer central guy say ”that’s a great question!” To anything anyone asks him on all the podcasts Ive listened to him on is enough to turn me off

Silencer co. did a “meet and great“ of their people and goods at a range close to me a few months back. I signed up for the event. But, that damn overtime got the better of me.