Silvertip vs Cimarron

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve run both but am short have a buddy 6’5” running silvertip and he is ok with it....imo with cimarron lite as option and ease of setup with cimarron and the added room cimarron typically best option.1682FBF8-643F-4443-BD0D-C13F648BF479.jpeg5BB3FD4F-2055-475D-A4A8-1FAE4C1C3254.jpeg

Norske

FNG
I’m in the same predicament. Looking for a solo shelter, but would like to have the option to have room for a stove and a buddy during cold weather. Is the cimmaron too big for 1 guy? Do you find yourself not finding an area large enough to pitch it?

I’m in the same predicament. Looking for a solo shelter, but would like to have the option to have room for a stove and a buddy during cold weather. Is the cimmaron too big for 1 guy? Do you find yourself not finding an area large enough to pitch it?
Go with the cimmaron you won’t regret it. I have both, and while the silvertip is great solo, the cimmaron just has that extra space and vertical height to make it that much more convenient. And the weight/size difference is negligible IMO

Norske

FNG
Go with the cimmaron you won’t regret it. I have both, and while the silvertip is great solo, the cimmaron just has that extra space and vertical height to make it that much more convenient. And the weight/size difference is negligible IMO
Awesome, thanks! Going to see if I can get it before an archery hunt this January yet to replace my rei half dome 2 plus. Little nervous about a floorless, but willing to make the leap.