Sitka Ascent Shirt?

FlyGuy

WKR
What is the difference between this shirt and say the core lightweight? I only need a tiny bit of justification here before I buy it, HAHA. But, I've got plenty of core lightweight & Medium weight shirts and hoodies. How is this one different? Especially for the price?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Much lighter, better airflow, and dries way quicker. It will add virtually zero warm and cut zero wind.

They are two different animals. I wear the ascent shirt for warm weather where you are trying to keep sun off of you and stay cool while sitting or moving. It’s probably best suited for July/aug scouting, then maybe the first weekend of hunting in sept...after that the core lightweight hoody become much more useful. But it really depends on where and when you are hunting.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
That’s a great description. I wore the Ascent shirt and pants the entire AZ archery elk season last year. On the coldest mornings I added a core light or mid over top of my Ascent top and was Uber comfortable.

Stwrt9

WKR
Personally I would just go with the Core Lightweight hoody. You wouldn't be sacrificing or gain enough to need both.

Kotaman

WKR
Personally I would just go with the Core Lightweight hoody. You wouldn't be sacrificing or gain enough to need both.

I agree with this statement. I have both the Ascent and Lightweight Hoodie and while the AScent is SUPER light and dries quickly, it just doesn't offer enough advantage for me to use over the Lightweight. The Ascent probably shines best in the VERY early season in extremely warm temps.

Trial153

WKR
The core hoody is a better piece the the asent shirt, way more versatile and doesnt give up anything to the ascent on most days.
I cant stsnd the new ascent paints as well.. tried three sizes and two lenths and i couldnt make them work. The old ascent are my go to warm weather pants and into sept elk seaon. Glad i still have two pairs.

OP
FlyGuy

FlyGuy

WKR
Thanks guys. Sounds like a good piece for TX hunting, but my LW core Hoody already does the job well enough.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk