Sitka cloudburst for AK

CO2130

WKR
I’ve been trying to decide on a rain shell for AK this fall. I’ll be there mid August to mid September and about 80-100 miles north of Nome. I got a ridiculous deal on a cloudburst jacket the other day at sportsman’s. Would people with experience up there say this will be a good jacket for that time of year? I’ll have plenty of other layers including merino and puffy/down layers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve been trying to decide on a rain shell for AK this fall. I’ll be there mid August to mid September and about 80-100 miles north of Nome. I got a ridiculous deal on a cloudburst jacket the other day at sportsman’s. Would people with experience up there say this will be a good jacket for that time of year? I’ll have plenty of other layers including merino and puffy/down layers.

The Jacket will work just fine that was part of my rain gear until I got the stormfront set. That is what i personally would have gone with specially for AK and being there that long. I am assuming you got the 2018 model since it was re-designed for 2019?

OP
CO2130

CO2130

WKR
The Jacket will work just fine that was part of my rain gear until I got the stormfront set. That is what i personally would have gone with specially for AK and being there that long. I am assuming you got the 2018 model since it was re-designed for 2019?

I’m not 100% sure what the difference is from 2018 to 2019. I would assume it’s the 2018 as I got it for about $160. I was planning on getting a stormfront or Yukon but when I saw they had my size and for that price, I couldnt pass it up. Thanks for the info, glad to hear it should work out.