Sleeping bag size

I'm looking for a new bag this year. I did the quilt last year and am going back to a bag or something close. I picked up the new bag from BA, the Anvil Horn (updated version of the lost ranger). I got it in the long/wide. It has an 80" shoulder girth. But, I'm afraid that it is too wide. I toss and turn but am concerned that too much space in the bag will be detrimental. It will be a truck camp/occasional backcountry bag.

Do you think a bag can be too big? Any major downside to too much room inside?

I might go for the long version and sacrifice the girth for more efficiency.

Yes. I tried a roomier one and the dead space inside was clearly a negative. It was a high end WM bag, so I you can't blame the quality.
CK out Montbells super stretchy bags. That's what I was using and went back to.

zloomis

Lil-Rokslider
I always used relatively narrow bags but wanted to try a roomier bag. I froze in it a few times and sold it to buy the same bag in a narrower cut...much warmer. In my opinion a quilt cannot be too wide since you can tuck it tight but a bag certainly can be too wide in cold weather.

I'm looking for a new bag this year. I did the quilt last year and am going back to a bag or something close. I picked up the new bag from BA, the Anvil Horn (updated version of the lost ranger). I got it in the long/wide. It has an 80" shoulder girth. But, I'm afraid that it is too wide. I toss and turn but am concerned that too much space in the bag will be detrimental. It will be a truck camp/occasional backcountry bag.

Do you think a bag can be too big? Any major downside to too much room inside?

I might go for the long version and sacrifice the girth for more efficiency.
Yeah I’m swimming in my wide slick bag,going to try and trade a larger guy for a regular width.

Have you tried just unzipping it to your kness and using it as a quilt to get rid of the dead space?