Slight upgrade from a Bighorn action

I built my first rifle a few years ago on a Bighorn. But now I know a little more about the different options for actions.
I like the Bighorn but hate the higher bolt throw. Also the bolt release is a pain. Small little quirks. But now I know I could have spent maybe $100 more for a an action that I'd like more.

I'm looking at the Areo Solus, Curtis Axiom or Scout. Really would like a fixed lug, 60 degree throw and a fixed 20 moa rail. Also since my small remage barrel is still good I'd like to be able to just swap the action and keep the barrel and AG stock. Something for about a grand.

The terminus Kratos is a 60 degree bolt throw also and I prefer that over the Curtis stuff personally. Have not had a chance to handle and Solus yet so can’t speak on that one. But it will cost you a few more dollary-do’s

Impact just came out with 75 degree bolt throw if you're wanting a shorter throw without going full 60 degree.

ID_Matt

WKR
Man, every time I shoot my lone peak back to back with my tikkas it make the tikkas feel sticky.. love me a good 90 degree 2 lug.
Was thinking this same thing the other day. I keep thinking I need to clean the action on my tikka, but even when clean it is not as slick as my lone peaks with hundreds of rounds and no clean.

TxLite

WKR
I would skip the Curtis. I’ve heard mixed feedback on them, but admittedly haven’t played with them. Joel at Terminus used to work at Curtis and my understanding is that they are very similar but better quality and an overall nicer action.

I would be eyeing the Terminus or wait to see how the newer Solus light turns out. I’m not sure either will get you a fixed 20moa rail though.

I've got a 6.5CM Solus and really like it. I've got quite a few X-Bolts and was looking for something customizable for shooting NRL or PRS matches for practice. The 60* Action is smooth (maybe not as much as a 1.5k-2k action), comes with the integrated 20moa, easily serviceable bolt, can take the same action to a magnum with the swap of a bolt head/barrel and the dang things a tac driver. I went ahead and got one of Aero's base models (6.5CM in the KRG Bravo Chassis) then topped it with a 3-18x44 Trijicon TenMile, smallest 10rd group has been .57" @ 100 (147gr ELDM, 41gr H4350). So for a quasi factory rifle I've been very pleased with it.

I'm kicking around the idea of doing a full custom build off of one of their actions.

Wright406

WKR
Huge fan of my ARC coup de grace. Not the same thread tenon as the remake I don’t believe but when you tune the trigger via the trigger hangar it’s crazy smooth.