Smallest pack with a load shelf?

Thanks for all the post.

I bought a mule so I am looking for a pack with a low profile for riding but still can pack some meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
With that being the goal, I think the MR pop up makes a lot of sense just because there is no frame sticking up until you need it. Makes a pretty big difference when overhead clearance is important, I have used one quite a bit chasing bulls on the coast here and it’s the least snaggy pack I’ve worn that can carry weight.

I also had the 18 so that added to that effect and they don’t make it, which seems kinda odd considering the concept behind the design

I like the pop up with weight more than their full hunting frame, but that will obviously vary between body types.

It wasn’t life changing enough to keep using it though, and I just wear my exo now, and kifaru before that, but it is the lowest profile meat shelf pack that I know of

Western edge Elkhorn
d92570c0c27f1511ad7c001cc7c79a37.jpg

cd748e8637a53e076ff74a8ccc4d6a55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the post.

I bought a mule so I am looking for a pack with a low profile for riding but still can pack some meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wore my Exo with lid and crib for about 80 miles via mules chasing bears in Oct .

Im 6’ for reference, and use 25” frame.

Who makes the most petite/lightest backpack with a usable load shelf?
I bought the SG frame & just added my Granite gear bag which weighs around 1# . I can load everything I need or want for a day to 3 days & still have the meat shelf for hauling.. This setup puts me right at 3.5 # s

IdahoFF

FNG
I purchased a MR pop up 40 this year and was fortunate enough to kill a bull. I like the simplicity of the pack and it seemed to handle the weight of the quarters pretty well and I know i had it overloaded at one point. I found it had plenty of room for day hunts and cleaned up well.

Cdpp880

WKR
Stone glacier krux farm and their smaller bags puts you right at 4lbs. X curve a few oz more.
SO with just the Merlin is probably going to be the lightest (maybe a kuiu).
Both of these would be able to pack as much meat as you should.

travism38

FNG
Iv been carrying an Eberlestock f1 with a vapor2500 and scabbard. Load shelf is in my opinion a must but the pack is a bit too heavy. Has anyone come across any lighter options with a shelf and the option to add a scabbard?