So whats this membership thing

Is membership just someone who has positive seller/buyer feedback and WKR status?
Is the $50 upgrade mostly a suggestion to help "keep the lights on" around here?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Pretty sure it's mostly if you want early access to the classifieds. It's also a pretty good way to tell that somebody's not a scammer. You can also make donations to the site which helps keep the classifieds going.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure it's mostly if you want early access to the classifieds. It's also a pretty good way to tell that somebody's not a scammer. You can also make donations to the site which helps keep the classifieds going.

When somebody hits $50 of donations within a time period they get automatic access to the classifieds. It also puts the badge on so users that have just donated also will get that badge.

johnnyred

FNG
Classified Approved
I wish it wasn't $50 as I feel that's a little high. But I'm sure the costs of keeping the site up and running are pretty high...so perhaps it's justified.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I paid the $50 (to make Ryan holler....I kid, I kid and a bad reference to a great Tone Loc song) and thought it money well spent given what this fine forum has to offer. At the time, instant access was not my motivation but just an added bonus.

Eddie

waterhome

FNG
If you do the 10 posts instead of the $50 do you get different access then a paid member to classifieds?

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
If you do the 10 posts instead of the $50 do you get different access then a paid member to classifieds?
No, it is the same access. The $50 just means you don't need the 10 posts to access the classifieds.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do those 10 posts have to be on classifieds or can they be on forum posts like this one? Thank you.
Any comment or thread started counts. You can’t reply or start a thread in the classifieds before meeting the requirements or paying for early access.

Kanbe1

FNG
How do you know when you are approved by makeing 10 posts? Do you get an email?

new member . was going to do it to comment on anothers sale item (that I also own and enjoy) but it was 50 so no. ill wait.