Souped up Air Guns For Small Game. Show Me.

Stalker69

WKR
I am a sucker for blue laminated stocks, if your into springers, I really like mine is this. Mines a 177. Very accurate at closer ranges , but don’t have “ horse power” of the 25 cal pcp.1697329704047.gif

TFrank

WKR
RWS Diana is a great value in performance air rifles. I tried a bunch until I got one of those. It's been my squirrel/skunk/varmint slayer for about 7-8 years now and shoots quarter sized groups at 40 yards with very reasonably priced pellets.
Love the .22 Diana. I put an upgraded spring kit in mine. My go to around the yard pest killer. Hawk etched air gun scope.

whiskeysierra762

Lil-Rokslider
Wicked Air Rifles Flex in .30 cal. This is my only air rifle at the moment. It’s great for sage rats, easily taking them to 100yds as long as it’s not too windy. I am considering going to a .22 or .25 for the next one to get more shots per fill. This .30 is shooting 45gr JSB Diablos at 950fps and I get two magazines worth (14 shots) and it will drop from 3000psi to 2500psi. Filling it back up to 3000psi takes about 100 pumps with my three stage pump, and it’s a bit of a workout.A0343D28-D1FB-4D74-BBFA-98F001DBE3C4.jpeg

Last edited:

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
After havi g a play with a couple I'm keen to get a .22 PCP at some point but for now I'm just messing around with my old Ruger Air Hawk .177 springer
received_1204985127570215.jpeg

IdahoFF

FNG
I have a few pcps that I use for plinking and small game. The first two i bought years ago are more of a traditional style rifle. An AA S200 bolt action in 22cal. Shoots about 20ft/lbs but is extremely accurate. Great kid size gun. The other is an AA S510 in 25cal. Side lever magazine fed. Awesome trigger and very accurate. Shoots around 40ft/lbs.

Pcps have come a long way since those first two purchases and at the start of 2020 I purchased a Taipan Veteran Long in 25cal. That is what's pictured below. Gun is an absolute tackdriver and is tuned at 60ft/lbs shooting 34gr pellets. Trigger is phenomenal and gun is backyard quiet. These guns are by far the most accurate rifles I own. And an absolute blast to hunt squirrels with.

Attachments

• 20240105_091751.jpg
    20240105_091751.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 12

Wapiti1

WKR
No pic, but I have been shooting an Airforce Condor .22 for a while. Currently setup regulated for pellets, and is wicked. Without the regulator, will handle slugs up to 40gr without issue and a little tuning. Keep looking at the newer repeaters from FX, Hatsan, and BSA.

I used to have a Diana 48 that I regret selling. Need to get another. Got my grandson a Gamo Swarm on a Christmas sale for stupid cheap. That is an impressive rifle now that we've had some time with it.

Jeremy

IdahoFF

FNG
How quiet are those? If I shoot a squirrel out of my trees and someone is sitting on their patio 80’ away, will they hear it?

Gamo Whisperlite owner here and its anything but quiet
I have the same gun but the long version in 25cal. With a DonnyFL Sumo moderator and it tuned down, your neighbor probably would only hear the impact on the squirrel if that. At full power the impact is definitely louder than the report. Amazingly quiet air rifle.

Beendare

WKR
I have the same gun but the long version in 25cal. With a DonnyFL Sumo moderator and it tuned down, your neighbor probably would only hear the impact on the squirrel if that. At full power the impact is definitely louder than the report. Amazingly quiet air rifle.
Ok thanks,

The Utah airguns guys were telling me these new bottle driven airguns are whisper quiet compared to the pump guns like the Gamo’s. Something about the way the piston works, but I have never heard one shot.

Indewoods

FNG
Ok thanks,

The Utah airguns guys were telling me these new bottle driven airguns are whisper quiet compared to the pump guns like the Gamo’s. Something about the way the piston works, but I have never heard one shot.
Most of the noise from the spring piston (which is what I assume you’re referring to when you say “pump guns like the Gamo’s”) comes from the gun internally, so moderators on the barrel, do very little to suppress any noise.