Urban area small game slaying. Who’s getting it done?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any of you guys taking small game around your urban areas? Maybe some air gun killers with those suppressed pellet or BB rifles? Squirrel populations seem to be exploding in some areas where they’re not hunted and the predators are not getting it done.

I am trying to whack some neighborhood pigs with my bow, tearing up lawns in the neighborhood. But they seem to come in and out like ghosts. All you see is damage and never the pig.

I live next door to Elmer Fudd. He's an absolute rabbit killer, but he doesn't eat them. Kills every rabbit he sees. I wouldn't mind if he ate them, but he just tosses them in his burn pit. Kinda sucks when I want fresh rabbit meat, there's nothing to be found. But I do give him credit for his dedication, and his aim.

Ah, forgot about cottontail rabbits. When I get back to Colorado ill be cleaning them up too. Great bow practice. During the season of course. But I really like to eat them. I have plenty to share ;)

Not exactly a game animal but I am hoping to get back down to my in-laws place in FL and eradicate some iguanas.

Attachments

• Iguanas.jpg
    Iguanas.jpg
    641.2 KB · Views: 48
Iguana hunting, looks like fun! Haven't seen a recipe for them, but then, I haven't looked either. Are they worth cooking?

Iguana hunting, looks like fun! Haven't seen a recipe for them, but then, I haven't looked either. Are they worth cooking?
I have heard that some people will eat the tails. We have never tried it though. There is a 5ish footer that we see from time to time that the pellet gun they have won't penetrate the side of his head that would have a decent amount of meat on him. The typical sized ones wouldn't be worth much food wise, base of the tail isn't much bigger than a quarter. They are a blast to get after though. I probably look like an idiot to the neighbors putting "stalks" on them trying to get to the effective range of the pellet gun.

Not saying I've done this (actually... I am saying I haven't), but if I were to shoot something here in town, I wouldn't post on the internet about it as it's illegal where I live.

Not necessarily in town, but I’ve taken to hunting the fox squirrels on every piece of public ground I can find close to town. Good eats and a fun hunt with the kids when we only have a couple hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live next door to Elmer Fudd. ..... I want fresh rabbit meat....I do give him credit for...
What if instead of just credit, you swapped him something from your garden or a frosty beverage from the fridge for some of his running yard protein success?
Maybe you don't converse with or know Elmer too well but have him toss them over your fence and text you next time instead of tossing them on the burn pile; might be worth the ask?

Back