Spotting Scope Cover

Hi all,
I have searched previous threads but havent found very much. What do you all use for your cover spotter? I backpack hunt primarily so I would like to stay as light as possible. From google searching, I haven't really found many neoprene options. I will be getting an STX 85mm. Gohunt has one on their site made by marsupial. The swaro one looks ridiculously overpriced/unnecessary but maybe I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a Therm-a-Rest z-seat, wrap it around the optic before you stash it in a pack/pack pocket. Glassing seat and cover, no oz added!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an STX 65 and couldn't find a decent stay-on cover and refused to pay what Swaro wanted for theirs, especially considering that I found less than stellar reviews on it. Ended up going with a Marsupial zippered case. Its not exactly lightweight, but offers great protection.

Does the marsupial case stay on while in use ? or is it just for transportation ?

I have a meopta S2 with stay on case on the way, wondering if I should have bought the marsupial ?

Like the sock idea, who cares about looks as long as your optic is safe/protected.....just get a mil od green wool sock......preferably washed ;)

I bought the Konus neoprene and a slightly upsized marsupial case. Protected in use and in the pack. I figure for the amount of $$ that the spotter costs it’s the least I should do.

Would a Kifaru spotting scope pocket do the same job as the marsupial ?

I have a MR metcalf...do you guys that run it feel like its pretty easy to attach to the pack? Trying to think of the best place to put it. The idea of keeping on the outside of the pack is nice. I like the idea of the sock or just wrapping in in the thermarest z-seat but that takes up space on the inside.

I have an ATX and use the Kite Skua stay on case. I would buy it again if I was in the market for a new case. I've had bad luck with the Kings Camo neoprene covers and the stitching falling apart on multiple covers.

Reactions: pc3
Does the marsupial case stay on while in use ? or is it just for transportation ?

I have a meopta S2 with stay on case on the way, wondering if I should have bought the marsupial ?

Like the sock idea, who cares about looks as long as your optic is safe/protected.....just get a mil od green wool sock......preferably washed ;)

I have the cabelas instinct on my S2. Since the cabelas spotter is made by meopta, it fits great. I think it’s made by kings camo or scope coat. Anyway, it does fit great and I’m assuming less weight and less cumbersome than the stay on case. The stitching does come apart I’ve noticed, but I’ve had mine for years and it’s just starting to happen. For the price, weight, and protection, it’s hard to beat IMO.

Reactions: pc3
The Kite one looks interesting, Ive shot them an e-mail asking if they make one for the Meopta S2. Looks to be well made.

I have the Kings , sign up for the text when available if out of stock . Thats how i got mine

The Kite one looks interesting, Ive shot them an e-mail asking if they make one for the Meopta S2. Looks to be well made.

Problem is they are based in the EU. Shipping was pretty expensive. I’d rather buy American myself.

If you have a Therm-a-Rest z-seat, wrap it around the optic before you stash it in a pack/pack pocket. Glassing seat and cover, no oz added!

Logged in just to like this next level tip haha

Back