Staccato - talk me out of it…😳

I just got some bonus money from work I wasn’t expecting and my wife said to spoil myself. I’ve got more hunting rifles and nightforce/trijicon scopes than I use. I have traditionally been a glock guy. Own and use a handful of them…never had a nice handgun. Everything I have read about the Staccato CS appeals to me. Is there something better I should be looking at for around the same price point? Any reason not to get a staccato? Any bad experiences with them? @Formidilosus ?

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Since you asked:
I guarantee you will find more joy donating excess money to the less fortunate than buying an expensive pistol that will see little to no use

ETA: I mean that genuinely, as in charity, not as in "gimme yo money" ha

Last edited:
I just got some bonus money from work I wasn’t expecting and my wife said to spoil myself. I’ve got more hunting rifles and nightforce/trijicon scopes than I use. I have traditionally been a glock guy. Own and use a handful of them…never had a nice handgun. Everything I have read about the Staccato CS appeals to me. Is there something better I should be looking at for around the same price point? Any reason not to get a staccato? Any bad experiences with them? @Formidilosus ?
They’re supposed to be sweet pistols. Only thing I’d say would be to potentially wait until the Staccato C comes out and compare the C, C2, and CS and see what you like best. Assume this would potentially be a carry gun? If not, the P is a really good full size option.

Milestown

FNG
Buy the Staccato. Reward yourself for your hard work.
The trigger on the one I shot was unbelievable.
Working the slide was as slick as any auto I ever felt.
I don't know if any work had been done to pistol or if they are all this nice.
But the Staccato.

Hal

USMC-40

WKR
For the money (I know, but the high-end 1911/2011 game is a black hole) - in my opinion it’s a great pistol. I’d stay away from both atlas and Nighthawk 2011’s - the guns eat themselves after a few thousand rounds.

I have several staccatos, of them, the P model and the XL models are phenomenal and extraordinarily easy to shoot. Get some MBX mags and don’t look back.

h2so4

WKR
I really liked my staccato c with red dot. The original C was a single stack, not the new iteration.
I’ve got a CS on order. I expect to enjoy it every bit. My range session is usually a g43 or p365 FN509c w/ apex trigger and red dot and when I had it, a staccato. You likely won’t regret it. Especially if you get a red dot version.

Badass platform. Your plastic guns will be left at home.

I picked up a prodigy a while back. Spur of the moment kinda deal. Its almost dependable now:ROFLMAO: For a toy, I love the thing. My cz's and m&p's get left at home these days.

Knowing what I know now, and how much I like the platform. I would buy the staccato if I could do it over. I'll still end up with one, one of these days.

nah....

IMG_5370.JPEG

They’re supposed to be sweet pistols. Only thing I’d say would be to potentially wait until the Staccato C comes out and compare the C, C2, and CS and see what you like best. Assume this would potentially be a carry gun? If not, the P is a really good full size option.

This is my thought as well - I had a C2 that I ultimately sold and now I have a P. Have fondled the CS and it's really nice, but I am waiting for the C in 4".

The CS doesn't conceal quite as well as other offerings and I like a 4" barrel.

Just my thoughts.

The P is an absolutely fantastic duty, home defense, range gun!

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Picked up a CS a few months ago. It is awesome. Sold most of my other pistols because I immediately lost interest in shooting or carrying them. CS conceals great for me aiwb, but strong side is a little tough.

Tx_300wsm

FNG
My wife and I each have C2’s. My only regret is not getting them with the slides already cut for a red dot. It is easily the smoothest shooting pistol I’ve ever handled.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Since you asked:
I guarantee you will find more joy donating excess money to the less fortunate than buying an expensive pistol that will see little to no use

ETA: I mean that genuinely, as in charity, not as in "gimme yo money" ha

This ^^^^^^ is a great idea. I'll give you my account numbers......😉

Randy

In all seriousness do whatever you wish, maybe add something in there for your wife.