Steiner Predator vs. Leupold BX-4

MTHokie

FNG
Curious on these because I can't find much on rokslide about Steiner binos for some reason. Sportoptics.com has an insanely good deal going on right now for Leupold BX-4s, so I could get a pair of MIJ Leupold 10x50 BX-4s for sub $470 (yes, you read that right). . . or I get a discount on MIG Steiners and could get those for a few bucks less in 10x42. Would the glass in the Steiner's be "better enough" to make up for the smaller objective, particularly for low-light clarity? Thanks in advance for any input, here.

I just went back and forth with the same choices.

I finally decided on the 10x42 Steiner Predators and ordered them yesterday.
Steiner Predator binocs

I've owned (and still do) a lot of Leupold scopes and one pair of their binoculars that turned out to be Chinese made and I used Steiners in the military so I have a history with both brands and I think the Steiner German glass is better quality.

Just my opinion and I'd suggest trying both if you can and see which works best for you.

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned both. Hands down BX-4's. Its not a contest IMO. Clarity, focus, and eye recovery (when you remove the binos from your eyes) is lightyears ahead of the Steiners. This is only my opinion.

OP
MTHokie

MTHokie

FNG
I went with the BX-4s. But bumped up to the 12x50s. I like 'em. They help out my aging eyes.