Leica Geovid R vs Leupold BX 4 Range

W.B.

FNG
I was invited by a friend to an Alaskan moose hunt. This will be my first moose hunt and first time hunting Alaska. I want to bring some decent optics but since I’m not sure how often I’ll be able to do something like this it’s hard to justify something more than about the $1500 range. I was thinking range finding binoculars may be the best bet for cost and convenience and had kind of narrowed it down between Leica Geovid R and Leupold BX 4 Range. If I go with the Leica’s I can also get them in 8x56 which seemed appealing. Looking for input from some folks with more experience.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Careful Leupold only have a 2 year limited warranty on their rangefinder electronics. Their optics are guaranteed for life though essentially resulting in a super heavy 39oz Binoculars after their electronics go bad after the two years warranty expires. They will however offer you super good pricing better than employee discount on brand new replacements though after your 2 year warranty expires and their electronics fail.

I bought a Burris Signature HD 10x42 rangefinder binoculars and Athlon Cronus UHD 10x50 Rangefinder Binoculars due to their lifetime warranty including their electronics and since even though Vortex rangefinder binoculars also have a lifetime warranty including their electronics, their glass is kind of mediocre compared to the Athlons and Burris.

GPO supposed to have lifetime warranty including their electronics but I haven't tried one of their rangefinder binoculars yet.

I have regular Leupold BX4 Binoculars recently purchased new and the Athlon Cronus UHD Rangefinder Binoculars look clearer to me. Exception I do not recommend buying the CRONUS UHD Gen 2 10x42s though.

Burris Signature HD 10x42 rangefinder binoculars not as clear as the Athlon and not as clear as Leupold BX4 but ranges better than the Cronus past 1000 yards.

I wouldn't consider buying optics with electronics in them unless they have a lifetime warranty including their electronics because all electronics eventually go bad or become obsolete.

Or if the brand actually repairs their electronics past warranty for a reasonable fee would be another consideration.

At least you didn't mention SIG rangefinder binoculars.