Steripen. Which one?

Jakerex

WKR
Which steripen are you all using? Is there one that holds up and is more durable than the rest? I’m not interested in one that needs charged. I’d prefer batter operation. Battery type don’t matter as I have stuff the uses each of the battery types various steripen models use.

I also have a filter, but would like to have a steripen along for quick drink out of clear water.

Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdP

WKR
I looked at the Steripen but ended up not buying one due to the very poor reviews. It is something I would use as an emergency item, and if they are not reliable then they are not worth having. I'll be interested in hearing from others also.

PMcGee

WKR
I have the ultra. Used it the last 4 years no problems. My buddy has too. Don’t buy the adventure. Had one fail in Alaska and my partners did the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

700MtnMan

FNG
I use the classic and it has worked well for the most part. I have had some issues in colder weather with it being finicky, not 100% sure why.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Aqua, and once I switched to lithium batteries I haven't had the issues I had with alkalines in cold weather. I also carry aquatabs as a backup. Cheap, lightweight insurance that can save your trip.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Id say get the classic or the ultra. I like my ultra but i also keep aquatabs with me just in case it takes a shit for whatever reason. So far so good tho, used it alot

ljalberta

WKR
I’ve been using the Opti Adventurer for 5 years. I know some people haven’t had a good experience, but I have never had an issue with mine. If I lose it, I’d replace it with the same one.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Seems like people are having good success with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapack

FNG
I also have a classic. I have not had an issue with 5ish years of frequent use. I always bring back up batteries.

Kostrize

WKR
I had the Adventurer. Worked for about a season then lost all reliability. Battery type didn’t matter. Just my experience

bline

FNG
I've had the classic for a few years and really like it. I've heard that the classic and the ultra are the most dependable.