Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Im in for the reviews , been lookin at these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rooggvc

WKR
Definitely curious to see how these compare with the KRG Bravo as a 'go to upgrade'.

nobody

WKR
I’m in on this, slowly gathering parts for a build and I’ve been hung up on a stock choice. This is intriguing

NSI

WKR
Things I'm curious about:

1) Precision before and after bedding.
2) Trigger reach.
3) Comb geometry
4) Ability to mount ARCA, Spartan, QD, etc into the fore end (my wildcat was very touchy)

-J

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
@Formidilosus , why the cardboard and not some other cheek buildup? Specific reason? I’m happy with how light and comfortable my folded vet wrap is and cardboard sounds… soggy. I get plenty of height by folding it over itself then wrapping it.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Things I'm curious about:

1) Precision before and after bedding.
2) Trigger reach.
3) Comb geometry
4) Ability to mount ARCA, Spartan, QD, etc into the fore end (my wildcat was very touchy)

-J
I’m very concerned about trigger reach I have short fat fingers.

I’m not bedding mine to start.

I’m having a short Spartan/pic installed.

I’m also gonna put some grip tape or paint on mine. It’s way to slick as is.

I would like to see someone with one of each and compared them. I have the hunter and have been tempted to buy one of these.

gelton

WKR
I picked up a VG2 for a rebarrel that is currently at the smith. Have not shot it yet, but I was impressed with the finish and fit.

TxLite

WKR

I haven’t seen a need to bed mine yet using the MT bottom metal. Their bedding block is working well so far for repeatability and accuracy.

They are definitely very slick with the factory finish. Wet weather would be a bad time. The sponge painting seems to fix that though.

Jimbee

WKR
For you folks that bought a Stockys Tikka VG, did you backorder, or what? I've ordered and payed for a stock 2x and both times was later emailed saying they didn't really have the stock.

sndmn11

WKR
Definitely curious to see how these compare with the KRG Bravo as a 'go to upgrade'.

The big differences are probably where one can't see.
PXL_20230813_145734782.jpg

QUOTE="Jimbee, post: 3209327, member: 41008"]
For you folks that bought a Stockys Tikka VG, did you backorder, or what? I've ordered and payed for a stock 2x and both times was later emailed saying they didn't really have the stock.
[/QUOTE]

I just email Kim asking for raw one, and of the three I have, they all have shipped within a few days. The Tikka was the most recent about a month ago, and it did come with the lug.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
@Formidilosus , why the cardboard and not some other cheek buildup? Specific reason? I’m happy with how light and comfortable my folded vet wrap is and cardboard sounds… soggy. I get plenty of height by folding it over itself then wrapping it.

Cardboard and packaging tape was what was on hand. The vet wrap was put on over it later. Can’t say I’ve ever experienced water effecting the cardboard under tape.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
6675115d6996faefaa952eeea94fb919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider

Trigger reach is a problem I've found with a lot of different stocks for Tikka. Krg bravo and Manners eh1 are the most comfortable that I've used.