Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

MichaelC

FNG
Classified Approved
How many layers of epoxy do you have on there at this point? Just one? I want to do something like this with my Alterra.
Unfortunately I tried that spray on truck bed liner and did not love it. I whish I had not done that as I put a couple of heavy coats. That marine Tex is just one thin layer. I used the popsicle stick to raise it to peaks after I spread it on, then waited an hour or so and used a wet nitrile glove to tap the peaks down so I could avoid sanding it. It feels very good. Plus, the marine Tex color is nice. I will still probably sponge paint the stock a little.

slowelk

WKR
Unfortunately I tried that spray on truck bed liner and did not love it. I whish I had not done that as I put a couple of heavy coats. That marine Tex is just one thin layer. I used the popsicle stick to raise it to peaks after I spread it on, then waited an hour or so and used a wet nitrile glove to tap the peaks down so I could avoid sanding it. It feels very good. Plus, the marine Tex color is nice. I will still probably sponge paint the stock a little.

I mean the plumbers putty stuff that you used to build up the majority of the angle.

MichaelC

FNG
Classified Approved
I mean the plumbers putty stuff that you used to build up the majority of the angle.
Oh! Yeah I made up three pieces. I also wanted to increase the palm swell. That plumbers stuff comes in a long roll that’s about 3/4” in diameter. Each piece I cut off the roll was about 1”.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Oh! Yeah I made up three pieces. I also wanted to increase the palm swell. That plumbers stuff comes in a long roll that’s about 3/4” in diameter. Each piece I cut off the roll was about 1”.
That's pretty slick, and it seems to adhere well to the carbon or other epoxy?

MichaelC

FNG
Classified Approved
It seems to shoot very well without any bedding. So far, I’m pretty happy with this set up after one Range session this morning. This target is 25 shots.IMG_8993.jpeg

Lowedown

FNG
Massive Sale at Stockys ends today. Carbon Fiber stocks for $399! looks to include all the carbon fiber options! discount appears in cart. I put the new cheek riser version of the VG hunter in my cart (usually 799) and it even came up as 399!