Stone Glacier Avail for smaller bodies

jj554

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone give some insight on how this pack would fit a smaller woman ( about 5"6", 120lb)? I didn't see any official specs for adjusting the pack for different sized users. Thanks

vj88

FNG
my wife is a little smaller and runs the SG pack for the last 8 years with the small waist belt and is happy with the pack. would not be worried about getting it to fit your wife.

OP
J

jj554

Lil-Rokslider
my wife is a little smaller and runs the SG pack for the last 8 years with the small waist belt and is happy with the pack. would not be worried about getting it to fit your wife.
Does the waist belt for the infernal frame detatch? On the SG website there are no options to select a belt size.

Kostrize

WKR
It detaches pretty easily. It’s one size fits all though so there will be a lot of slack but you can route that under the Xpac section on the hipbelt. The shorter frame on the Avail will be good for smaller people

I have two Avail packs, I wouldn’t think of them as a “backpack” but more as a beefed up book bag or rucksack. It does have a frame sheet with stays and load lifter straps so it is closer to a “backpack “ than a book bag or rucksack. But because it only comes with a one size fits all belt and the shoulder straps are sewn on and not adjustable I don’t consider it a true backpack. It is great for a grab and go bag. If you are looking at a pack I would recommend the Krux frame from Stone Glacier. My daughter uses one of mine and she is 5’4” and 118 lbs.

Wrongside

WKR
I have the Avail and agree with Elkslayer. Can’t see it being a load hauler, even for shorter people.

Its a great day or EDC pack though. And works as carryon for flying.

ETA; mine has adjustable/removable shoulder straps and belt tho. Was there a design change in the Avail suspension at some point?