Weapon carry for Stone Glacier 5900

eire1130

FNG
As the subject says, I'm looking for 3rd party options for my pack. I like my pack a lot and have no reason to switch.

I have the stone glacier rifle sling, and it works ok, but I'm using a cheeky riser for my 6.8 this year - previously that stock was already very tight (if the holster was adjustable this wouldn't be an issue).

I was considering the eberestock scabbard to mount on the pack, but I'm wondering if anyone else has tried something else on a stone pack.

I know one thing for certain, I don't want thr under armpit solution that I know some people use.

I appreciate the advice. I just spent 7 days in Newfoundland and had the rifle inside the pack (a .338 rpm, so not exact same, to be fair), rather then sling. I really want to get away from that for my Idaho hunt in 10 days.

ID_Matt

WKR
Have the 5900 and like you, didn't love the under arm solution. Check out the slik sling made by creative outdoors. Similar to the gun bearer but puts the gun behind your shoulder, close to your pack. I love it.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
Universal Gun Bearer on the hip belt, but instead of slinging it under the arm just strap the top to the side of the pack. It's the best combo I've found for both my SG and Exo pack.

OP
E

eire1130

FNG
The sthealthy hunter one is a great option, but it's sold out. Ill pick it up once it returns. I ended upngetting a rush order from creative. Thanks all for the responses.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Have the 5900 and like you, didn't love the under arm solution. Check out the slik sling made by creative outdoors. Similar to the gun bearer but puts the gun behind your shoulder, close to your pack. I love it.

This^^^^. Ran it last year in CO. Works great, and easy to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't even know I had a problem until I stumbled on the thread, thanks guys! I've been running the SG weapon carrier on my Evo and it's worked but it's less than ideal. Definitely going to look into some of the options mentioned above.