Stone Glacier bag in hand!!

Wasatchbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Received my sky 7400 bag and krux frame today. Overall very pleased with the system but only time will tell with how well it will fit me. While looking the bag over I noticed that the bottom of the bag is only one layer of x-pac fabric, while the website claims it is double layer bottom. Anybody else with a SG bag notice that?

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Wasatchbuck,
Thank you for bringing this item to my attention. The listing for a double bottom is a mistake on my part as I build the website, I apologize for the confusion. We do use a single layer of X-pac on the bottom of the Sky pack as our testing has shown extremely good results and performance. The X-pac has a higher tinsel strength and tear strength than the Cordura 500 and proven itself very durable in the field. When I built the Sky pages last year I copy and pasted the basics of the specs from a previous page and missed changing this spec. I will update the specs accordingly.
Again, sorry for the mistake, but thank you for pointing that out so that our specs can be accurate. We do stand behind our products 100% and please contact me directly if you have any issues. Feel free to call or email if you would like to discuss further or have any other concerns or questions. Best of luck this season!
Kurt

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Wasatchbuck, I thought I would chime in on the strength of the bag as well as the Stone Glacier setup. I have been rockin a Kifaru on a bikini frame all summer while training for my Dall hunt that starts in 10 days. I progressed to running around 50 pounds on the Bikini and no matter what I did it just was uncomfortable. On a hail Mary and a leap of faith to Kurt and Schnees I got my new Sky 5100 and accessories last minute for a Depredation Bull hunt that I had in the Ruby Mountains here in Nevada that I went on last week. Jesus Christ! What a difference! I am sold on Stone Glacier and it is sitting next to the pile of gear that is going to Alaska with me. The Bikini setup, for me, would be fine for shorter trip or with less weight but I packed a Bull out that was 1.38 miles to my camp and the Stone Glacier was a blessing! The Stone Glacier was so comfortable, It was seriously like comparing a Cadillac to a truck. If you read this Kurt...Thanks for all of the help and those "camp pockets" that you sent to me as well!
Alan

OP
Wasatchbuck

Wasatchbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, now that is what you call taking care of your customers, thanks for the prompt reply Kurt! Please make no mistake I am extremely satisfied with the pack system and anticipate it working well for me. I choose stone glacier for many reasons and the great customer service that everyone speaks of was definitely one of them, so thanks again for such a quick reply Kurt its extremely appreciated.

bizyrok

Lil-Rokslider
Kurt,
After watching the 'shelf' video it appears that it could be used without the bag. In other words, on an elk pack out, the sky bag could be left in camp and the shelf alone could be brought to the kill site to retrieve meat. Is this an accurate assessment? Thanks

muleman

WKR
Kurt,
After watching the 'shelf' video it appears that it could be used without the bag. In other words, on an elk pack out, the sky bag could be left in camp and the shelf alone could be brought to the kill site to retrieve meat. Is this an accurate assessment? Thanks

I'm sure Kurt will answer when he sees your question. I will give my opinion in the mean time. The shelf can be used alone as long as you configure the hardware on the compression straps to have mating ends and you may have to aquire the side release hardware depending on your desired configuration.

The different Stone Glacier bags work excellent as a compression panel and are worth using in my experience.

Kurt,

There is no real need to drop that bag as
Muleman pointed out. But yeah you can run the load shelf in the minimalist configuration .

fire652

WKR
I have used the stone glacier 7400 on one pack out so far this year. I do need to say I am a rookie at this. However if functioned very well and I liked the ability to really tighten everything down with the compression straps. The way it is set up I was able to have no shift in the load. Great pack and Kurt is great to deal with also. The bag weighs next to nothing and it actually helped me to compress everything and keep it in place so I see no real need to drop the pack.