Stone Glacier M7 Set

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've recently had the pleasure of thoroughly testing the Stone Glacier M7 Set during my hunts. In this post, I'm excited to share my in-depth review of this gear set. If you're like me, you know that quality gear can make or break your outdoor experience, and that's why I'm here to provide you with the lowdown on the M7 Set.

Throughout my journeys, I've worn this set in various conditions, from challenging terrains to unpredictable weather, and I've come to appreciate its strengths and performance. I'm all about practicality and durability, and I know you are too, so I'll be diving into the key features, highlighting its pros and cons, and offering real-world insights.

So, whether you're an experienced outdoor enthusiast searching for your next dependable gear set or someone looking to make their first quality investment, this review aims to provide valuable information to aid in your decision-making process.

Let's start the journey into my Stone Glacier M7 Set gear review. I hope you find it informative and, most importantly, helpful for your upcoming adventures.

Stay tuned for the video!

*10/24/23 Update:
The full review is live at:

Attachments

• PXL_20221105_203911391.jpg
    PXL_20221105_203911391.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 9.26.25 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 9.26.25 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 9.30.19 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 9.30.19 AM.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 9.27.13 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 9.27.13 AM.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 9.29.09 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 9.29.09 AM.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m on the cusp of buying the set - so I’m looking forward to the dets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In short...buy it. Its my favorite set for late season hunts that are wet and cold.

sr80

WKR
ive been using the jacket for years and love it when the temp drops. Sadly i couldnt get the pants to fit well for me, mediums were too tight and not stretchy enough and the medium/large was way too baggy.

chaza402

FNG
ive been using the jacket for years and love it when the temp drops. Sadly i couldnt get the pants to fit well for me, mediums were too tight and not stretchy enough and the medium/large was way too baggy.
What size pants and inseam do you normally wear. I was thinking about trying a pair?

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
What size pants and inseam do you normally wear. I was thinking about trying a pair?
I agree with that, the pants do fit a little different. I find that they fit me well but the length seems to need another inch or two.

I just ordered a set today, I'd love to hear what you think. We leave next week for our Elk hunt and it looks to be right above/below freezing, and rainy and snowy, it should be a slushy mess so I'm hoping these do the trick. I'm almost more excited for the pants than the jacket. My Prana Zions are awesome when it isn't too cold but leave warmth/waterproofing to be desired.

I’ve been using the pants since last fall. They’re great. Have yet to get wet in them. Even in some pretty heavy rain and snow.

I will say to temper your expectations about warmth A bit. They're essentially thick rain pants with a super thin fleece lining. Basically just enough to make them soft in the inside.

Also fwiw I have A sz Lg. I normally west 34/30 pants. The waist fits me great. Length is a bit long for me but not enough to be an issue

I’ve been using the pants since last fall. They’re great. Have yet to get wet in them. Even in some pretty heavy rain and snow.

I will say to temper your expectations about warmth A bit. They're essentially thick rain pants with a super thin fleece lining. Basically just enough to make them soft in the inside.

Also fwiw I have A sz Lg. I normally west 34/30 pants. The waist fits me great. Length is a bit long for me but not enough to be an issue
This is great feedback. My primary concern about the M7's is that they would be too warm. We hunt in oregon where it's on and off rainy and everything is wet on the coast, but usally only in the 40's-50's. Not sure the M7's are a good fit for that. We also hunt the central/NE of the state where it can be 10-40F and snowy, rainy, or dry. I'm hoping I can use it for everything where it's cold, but at least the central/NE hunts.

I wear 34/34 pants and was instructed to get a Medium-Large pant in Regular length. Hopefully that's a good fit.

sr80

WKR
I wear a 33 waist and 34 Length pants. I tried the medium large, and the mediums but couldnt find a fit i liked. The medium large seemed way to baggy in the legs, and the mediums were too tight for me. The material isnt super stretchy so the mediums were just too constricting, as in it was hard to walk up my stairs in the house. I do make sure i tell people I am picky with my pants though, i wear medium/large talls to get the waist to fit in the DH lites, and 206 pants, but have them hemmed and taken in on the legs, otherwise they're way too baggy in the legs for my liking.

I wear a 33 waist and 34 Length pants. I tried the medium large, and the mediums but couldnt find a fit i liked. The medium large seemed way to baggy in the legs, and the mediums were too tight for me. The material isnt super stretchy so the mediums were just too constricting, as in it was hard to walk up my stairs in the house. I do make sure i tell people I am picky with my pants though, i wear medium/large talls to get the waist to fit in the DH lites, and 206 pants, but have them hemmed and taken in on the legs, otherwise they're way too baggy in the legs for my liking.
How was the length of the Regular M7’s for you?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
*10/24/23 Update:
The full review is live at:

www.rokslide.com

Stone Glacier M7 Rain Gear Review - Rokslide

Stone Glacier M7 Rain Gear Review. In this video Zach Herold explains why the Stone Glacier M7 set is much more than just rain gear.
www.rokslide.com
www.rokslide.com

I got my M7's in today and the first thing I can say is that there isn't a good review out there about them. I have another set of M7's coming in tomorrow because I found the sizing whacky on the initial set. I plan to give a review when the new set comes in and I can try some sizing. I really wish the Rokslide review had more details than what seemed like a hasty unboxing video; I don't mean to be offensive but it didn't provide any details, and now that I have a set I immediately noticed quite a few things that I haven't heard either discussed or described well.

I'm going to withold first impressions and if I find a set that fits me right I'll provide some sizing guidance and then I'll try them on our Elk hunt next week and see how they work out.

Sound? Any of you that own the M7 jacket; is it too loud for late season archery? I wonder how it would work for snowy, timbered late season archery. Never found a perfect outer layer for a semi mobile layer when moving through thick stuff with snow falling and brushing off all over you. True softshells are ok and fleece and synthetic puffys get soaked.

It’s loud. It’s not super loud, but it’s a no go for archery or any time that there isn’t rain falling or snow on the ground that you’re trudging through anyways. Not terribly loud like my Kuiu Talus was but it’s loud. I got three pant and two jacket sizes in to test and frankly I’m disappointed in the reviews that are out there now, I can’t believe they missed so many immediate details of this gear.

I’ll probably write a quick review but I’m sending the gear back because it doesn’t seem like my use case matches with what it’s specialized in. It truly seems to be snow gear that also works well if it’s raining, and it should do well at that, and there’s some good details to it.

sr80

WKR
It’s loud. It’s not super loud, but it’s a no go for archery or any time that there isn’t rain falling or snow on the ground that you’re trudging through anyways. Not terribly loud like my Kuiu Talus was but it’s loud. I got three pant and two jacket sizes in to test and frankly I’m disappointed in the reviews that are out there now, I can’t believe they missed so many immediate details of this gear.

I’ll probably write a quick review but I’m sending the gear back because it doesn’t seem like my use case matches with what it’s specialized in. It truly seems to be snow gear that also works well if it’s raining, and it should do well at that, and there’s some good details to it.
Couldn't find a good fit in any of them? or just don't care for the M7? I agree though, there really isn't much for reviews on the M7, I still have my jacket and like it a lot. But remember when i was trying to find info on the pants/sizing I couldn't find much for info. It would have to be damn cold for me to be able to hike around in the M7 pants, when i did try them on at home they i couldn't believe how warm they made my legs feel.