Stone Glacier Avro Hoody and 206 Pant Review, By Jacob Potter

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Jpott3 You didn’t find yourself wishing for a cargo pocket on both sides? Just seems odd to not have two. Completely agree about another color option.

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
@Jpott3 You didn’t find yourself wishing for a cargo pocket on both sides? Just seems odd to not have two. Completely agree about another color option.

No I didn’t, typically I usually only keep stuff in the right pocket anyway being right handed but I do see your point it would be a minimal weight penalty to add one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice review @Jpott3. I’ve been wearing the 206 pant and Avro hoody all summer and they’ve been bombproof. What are you wearing under your hoodie? Most of the time I just wear it as my only layer and skip an undershirt.

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
Nice review @Jpott3. I’ve been wearing the 206 pant and Avro hoody all summer and they’ve been bombproof. What are you wearing under your hoodie? Most of the time I just wear it as my only layer and skip an undershirt.

Thanks man, when it was hot I didn’t wear anything under it but now I’m wearing a merino base under it

Thanks man, when it was hot I didn’t wear anything under it but now I’m wearing a merino base under it

Same program here. Always appreciate your reviews and the time it takes to do them!

sr80

WKR
Nice review Jake. Simple and to the point. Avro has been one of my favorite hoodies, i also really liked the 206 pants when it was warmer, i agree with the color options, I hope they ad another color this year. Those inner thigh vents are legit, way more effective than outer thigh vents.

Blandry

WKR
I have some dehavilland lites and they're great pants but I'm now interested in these 206's. They seem to be the same pant but a little more streamlined like the KUIU Kutana which I like for early season.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the review!

I like the idea of inner zips, more heat there to dump vs outer the outer thigh.

My 206 pants have held up really well to brush busting as well, they’re all I wear until the temps get below 60 or so

Anyone own the 206s and the Original Prana Stretch Zion pant that can compare the two? I love my Zions but interested in the 206s.

Comfort, performance, weight, really anything. Would you wear either or for the same application/activity/weather or would one be preferred over the other to do certain things or during certain temps?

My ignorant assumption is the 206 is probably a little thicker pant with a more athletic fit unless you have the Zion’s in a slim fit. Just curious how you or anyone else would compare the two. Thanks

Comfort, performance, weight, really anything. Would you wear either or for the same application/activity/weather or would one be preferred over the other to do certain things or during certain temps?

My ignorant assumption is the 206 is probably a little thicker pant with a more athletic fit unless you have the Zion’s in a slim fit. Just curious how you or anyone else would compare the two. Thanks
I’d say the 206’s are slightly thicker and definitively more athletic fit, which works much better for me. I find the 206 overall better fitting but would use them in the same weather conditions. I use the two pants interchangeably but overall prefer the fit and function of the SG pants. If they come out in more colors they will likely be my go to everyday pant as well.