Storage Bin Options

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Whats up Rokslide,

I have been looking at multiple storage/transportation bins for camping/hunting/general storage and was wondering what you guys like to use. I would like for it to be stack-able and preferably have them with wheels (not a necessity). Would use them for storing camping gear and hunting gear but also so i can just throw them in the back of the truck and go. So far I really like the Plano Sportman's Trunk which seems to be the best bang for the buck but I'm also worried about the flimsiness of the thinner material. I have also looked at the Rubbermaid Action Packer which seems to be strong enough but the price tag is up there. So just looking for personal experience and opinions to steer me in the right direction.

CorbLand

WKR
Been using a couple of the Plano ones for a couple years and havent had one break.

Jake T

FNG
I just use the cheapy rubbermaid ones. never had anything break from bouncing around in the back of the truck. I even use them to throw firewood chunks in for camping trips.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Been using a couple of the Plano ones for a couple years and havent had one break.
The Sportman's Trunk or a different version?

I just use the cheapy rubbermaid ones. never had anything break from bouncing around in the back of the truck. I even use them to throw firewood chunks in for camping trips.
Do you remember the version?

ortho004

FNG
I wouldn’t worry about the durability of the Plano- I have one that’s a few years old and lives in the back of vehicles during hunting season. I added a gasket around the inside of the lid and use it to keep gear scent-free.

In the off-season it lives in my basement where it has been in use for step-ups and as a bench for bench presses. I’m not a big-guy but it’s definitely strong and durable enough for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
The Sportman's Trunk or a different version?

Do you remember the version?
Sportsmans. Action packers are definitely more durable but they come at an expense. The other one I have been tempted to try is the black with yellow lids that you can get from Home Depot.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Sportsmans. Action packers are definitely more durable but they come at an expense. The other one I have been tempted to try is the black with yellow lids that you can get from Home Depot.

I have 2 of the black and yellow ones already as well just looking for bigger more versatile options. I think those sportman's are the way to go.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Just found the IRIS 169 quart storage bin, does anyone have experience with those?

I use a couple of planosn the truck. Like them. I have a couple of action packers too. Good but pricey. For around the house I use the Rubbermaid totes.

I have been phasing in the heavy duty brute versions. About $10 more each but much more stout. Used these to haul my deer camp stuff last year in the truck bed and around camp. Everything stayed safe and dry. They even doubled as camp seats and cutting boards. Free delivery for amazon prime but your UPS guy will hate you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B1C4G0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a couple Rubbermaid Roughnecks and they are my favorite for a cheap, lighter duty one. They are almost like a rubber plastic that has some good flex to it and I haven't had one ever break. I don't know if they discontinued them or something, but I cannot find them in stores anywhere any more, and the ones I see online are expensive.

I got Costco ones around Christmas , yellow and black stackable. They still have them and are sturdy and cheap

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
I got Costco ones around Christmas , yellow and black stackable. They still have them and are sturdy and cheap
I have 2 of these already, I believe they are the same ones that home depot sales? I like them but I am looking for something bigger more truck travel friendly

pollie7

FNG
Whats up Rokslide,

I have been looking at multiple storage/transportation bins for camping/hunting/general storage and was wondering what you guys like to use. I would like for it to be stack-able and preferably have them with wheels (not a necessity). Would use them for storing camping gear and hunting gear but also so i can just throw them in the back of the truck and go. So far I really like the Plano Sportman's Trunk which seems to be the best bang for the buck but I'm also worried about the flimsiness of the thinner material. I have also looked at the Rubbermaid Action Packer which seems to be strong enough but the price tag is up there. So just looking for personal experience and opinions to steer me in the right direction.
Great topic thanks for posting

Brando

FNG
I have a couple of the yellow and black totes from Home Depot. The price is right but they are a little more fragile than the Rubbermaid action packers.
I’ve had to ratchet strap them to my roof rack a few times and got a little overzealous with tightening the strap and cracked the yellow/black stackers. The Rubbermaid’s are more pliable and want to crush or flex instead of crack and break.

colersu22

WKR