Substitute Meal Choice

Really a food topic. I’m limited with the freeze dried meals. They never sit well in my stomach so I often choose not to eat. I just tried the Hereford Taco filling and was very surprised. Taste fine and way cheaper than a meal. I think they are about $4 a pack at Walmart. They have several options for meals too. I’ll let you know how it turns out…
IMG_5088.jpeg

TaperPin

WKR
That’s cool. Every year it seams I have to cross another favorite food off the list for stomachs sake.

There’s a weight penalty to carrying rice ready to go, but the warm and serve rice from Costco isn’t bad. I’ve also developed a liking to big flakes of parmesan cheese since it does well at room temp, but it is salty.

OP
C
This pack was .6 ounces so maybe an ounce with packaging. Not bad. MY have to try the roast beef and the meatballs.

sneaky

"DADDY"
This pack was .6 ounces so maybe an ounce with packaging. Not bad. MY have to try the roast beef and the meatballs.
That's 6 ounces not 0.6. 170g is 6 ounces.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I like the ready mix tuna as well.

another angle is to get dried or freeze dried meat alone and add to ramen or noodles. Less processed than meals and easier to digest IMO.

OP
C
Well the taco meat was okay. No issues and did have some good flavor. I might replace the package with a vac sealed bag to fit in a jetboil or pot.

rayporter

WKR
dried burger can be put in with any noodles [knorr] or mac and cheese as well as ramen.
make your noodles with extra water and pour the extra water over instant mashed taters or stove top stuffing.