Suppressor wait times

Waiting once again. Efile submitted for a TB Ultra 7 today. Last one took 9 months hopefully this one is a little quicker. Have a TB Ultra 5 so don’t have to sweat it before hunting season

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Certified 10/28/2023
Approved 3/22/2024
146 days

Traditional trust with one RP

wesfromky

WKR
Got 2 out of 3 back so far this morning:

DA mask, certified 7/31 single shot trust, 240 days
OCL Lithium, certified 9/11/23, single shot trust, 198 days

Hopefully the OCL Hydrogen L I certified on 7/31 clears today as well. I called the aft a week or so ago and my NICS status was delayed. Got an response to my email (sent 3/1) to the FBI last night saying all my pending checks have been resolved.

Just bought an OCL hydrogen S 6.5 last week. Waiting on the form 3 to clear so they can ship to my dealer. Filled this one as individual.

Just got approval 9 days after submission on 2 form 4’s. Snail mail (priority) on the prints too, so more like 5 days.

I'm now three weeks post purchase and have yet to have anything formally filed. The fingerprint kit took a few days longer than I expected to get fulfilled and shipped by CA. I received them last friday and had them at a distribution center by Saturday. It appears they were received this past Wednesday. I have not yet got the email that they were processed and that we are ready to proceed with next steps. The fullfilment, shipping, and processing of the fingerprints has been a slower process than I imagined.
Update - I got an email that my finger prints were received almost immediately after I posted this and another email that I was ready to certify the Form 4 an hour later. To capitol armory’s credit, things moved VERY FAST outside of the very slow fulfillment and delivery of the fingerprint kit. Today is day 3 formally in jail.

My 2 trust eform4’s were approved yesterday, 109 days, my fastest processing yet! Trusts will always be slower than individual since there are more review steps

I get that but I wonder how much longer it should take if there’s only one person currently on the trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had that process last year. They have all my finger prints and other required materials on file. ATF online log in also active from last year. So that cut like 30 days out already. Silencer Central had been good for me, but some places can be quicker. I will be patient since I have my Banish 30 to play with now.

I received a banish 30 and a 46 around aug-sep last year. They’re my first two and I’ve been happy with them so far. I’ve definitely put more rounds through the 30 from 22 lr through 300 blackout and it’s performed up to my expectations although I have nothing else to compare it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Terrapin

WKR
Did one on 3/15/24 got approved and picked up my suppressor on 3/25. Individual, Form 4.

I went through a local shop (Triple B guns in Coeur d’Alene) that absolutely has their crap together. They have a retired deputy on staff to do fingerprinting. They do the passport photo onsite and they have the e-file system dialed in. They also had a very good price on the suppressor that I wanted. All and all a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDVortex

WKR
Did one on 3/15/24 got approved and picked up my suppressor on 3/25. Individual, Form 4.

I went through a local shop (Triple B guns in Coeur d’Alene) that absolutely has their crap together. They have a retired deputy on staff to do fingerprinting. They do the passport photo onsite and they have the e-file system dialed in. They also had a very good price on the suppressor that I wanted. All and all a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll have to check them out next time. I went with East County.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I ordered a Scythe Ti in a Trust through Capital Armory about a month ago. With everybody posting the fast approval times, I decided to roll the dice and order a second suppressor (Omega 300) through Capital as an Individual. I had to call to have them change my profile from Trust to Individual and the guy asked why I was ordering as an individual this time. I explained how I had read about many fast approvals and the guy said he wouldn't recommend my strategy. He indicated that he believed that there was some "major incompetence or something nefarious" occurring that was recently causing the fast approvals and predicted that the historical normal of 8-9 months would return.
It's BS. Shouldn't have to wait at all. Nothing normal about waiting 8 months to exercise a constitutional right.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR
Got 2 out of 3 back so far this morning:

DA mask, certified 7/31 single shot trust, 240 days
OCL Lithium, certified 9/11/23, single shot trust, 198 days

Hopefully the OCL Hydrogen L I certified on 7/31 clears today as well. I called the aft a week or so ago and my NICS status was delayed. Got an response to my email (sent 3/1) to the FBI last night saying all my pending checks have been resolved.

Just bought an OCL hydrogen S 6.5 last week. Waiting on the form 3 to clear so they can ship to my dealer. Filled this one as individual.
Just got the approval email for the 3rd:
OCL Hydrogen L .30cal, certified 7/31, single shot trust, 242 days.

Looks like form 3s are taking 10-14 days, so should be able to certify the hydrogen 6.5 next week, and maybe catch one of those fast approval times.

Update - I got an email that my finger prints were received almost immediately after I posted this and another email that I was ready to certify the Form 4 an hour later. To capitol armory’s credit, things moved VERY FAST outside of the very slow fulfillment and delivery of the fingerprint kit. Today is day 3 formally in jail.
And we are approved! 4 day wait from certifying to approval.