Suppressor

dmoran5

FNG
I am looking at getting a Banish 30 suppressor, I have a 300 prc it will be on but it will also get used on my 220 swift. Anyone have any experience running this 30 cal can on smaller cal rifles?

OP
D

dmoran5

FNG
Also how is the Point of Impact shift. Especially on first shot.

mt100gr.

WKR
You'll want to zero both rifles with the suppressor on. While not major, I definitely saw POI changes when I first shot a handful of rifles with my Banish 30. All were within an inch or 2 of POA, but now that I have the suppressor, I doubt I'll shoot these rifles without it, so I changed my zero.

I've been very happy with the banish 30 across a number of smaller-than-30 caliber rifles. A suppressed .224 cal is a really fun rifle!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Such as? Thanks
I would buy any of these over a Banish 30

Last edited:
Such as? Thanks

Check your local gun store. Ask if they are experienced with the new eform submissions. Have them order your favorite from pew science ranked suppressors.

Banish are fine, not the best. Silencer Central makes it easy but will add months to your wait since they are so large and understaffed (in my case added 3 months beyond ATF). They take your order/money quick, but sit on your paperwork for weeks before submitting it. Same on the backend.

Local dealers using Silencer Shop kiosks seem much quicker and you get better options.

Northpark

WKR
I have no experience with the banish 30. I do own a Silencerco Harvester evo for hunting and a YHM Turbo T2 5.56 for my AR. I will say that for hunting even on the AR I prefer the .30 cal harvester. It’s a touch more mellow sounding and lighter.

If I was looking specifically for a hunting can, I’d take a hard look at the evo. It’s lightweight and short and reduces sound and recoil very well and has a very reasonable price tag. I’m actually thinking of buying another one.

B23

WKR
I have a Banish30 and they're a good can just not a great one. The craftsmanship and quality is very good and they're modular so they can run as a 7 or 9 inch can so they have that going for them but with regard to sound suppression the lag behind a bit when compared to the TBAC Ultra 7 or 9. In the 1.5 diameter class of suppressors I don't think anything touches the TBAC Ultra7 or 9 when comparing other cans of equal length.

For its size (length, weight, diameter) the Dead Air Nomad LT is a great can. CGS makes a fine product but they're a bit heavier and longer and if I was going to a can that size I'd probably get the new TBAC Magnus.

TBAC CB is where its at for a precision rifle can. I've got an Ultra 7 gen 1 thats been on dozens of rifles and only one had produced a shift and it was a pencil barrel AR that would shift .2mil down. Nothing else has produced a dialable shift.

I Shoot the banish 30 gold I think the suppressor is great on multiple calibers definitely varying poi changes per gun but once can is spun on it holds great groups. Have shot it on .243 multiple 6.5 caliber and 7mm as well as 300 win and 308. Probably going to buy another suppressor just not sure if silencer central will be getting my money this time.

Split toe

WKR
I would buy any of these over a Banish 30

I agree with him.

Check out Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S for a 30 cal suppressor. They also have a dedicated 6.5 suppressor also that will be next on my list. I like the Hydrogen better than my Vox S for hunting use; but the Vox is full auto rated which is good for expensive range days.

Short range test of the OCL an Vox on my 6.5 Creedmoor

Im bringing up an old thread. I would like to get a 30 cal suppressor in the near future. Any additional recommendations that I should check out? I will likely have it on a 7mm prc most of the time.

I am looking hard at the Dilligent Defense Enticer S-Ti.

Last edited: