supressor ready and caliber suggestions

For those recommending a 308 for this person, have y’all seen Florida deer? They are like short-tailed squirrels or long-legged rabbits and are about as thick as a trashy paperback novel.

What do think it’s gonna do, blow them in half?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Word on the street is that the 223 is the choice for elk, bear, and moose. I just heard the other day this expert Joy said nothing will be left of a deer from this assault rifle caliber. Better go with an ethical cartridge like the 30-06.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Word on the street is that the 223 is the choice for elk, bear, and moose. I just heard the other day this expert Joy said nothing will be left of a deer from this assault rifle caliber. Better go with an ethical cartridge like the 30-06.
I’ve giving into peer pressure and grabbing a 223 tikka if I see one at any of the sportsman’s warehouses while I’m down south.

The Guide

WKR
I’ve giving into peer pressure and grabbing a 223 tikka if I see one at any of the sportsman’s warehouses while I’m down south.
If you are near a Scheels, they usually have them in stock too. I assume you mean lower 48 when you said "down south".

Jay

eric1115

WKR
Howa mini 6mm ARC comes in a 20" threaded version. Cheap very good factory ammo, recoil nearly .223 levels, suppresses like a dream.

Marshfly

WKR
125 yards? Florida?

223 all day long. Shoot the hogs in the ear.
Add a TBAC Ultra 5.

308. did you guys read the scenario?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guide

WKR
125 yards? Florida?

223 all day long. Shoot the hogs in the ear.
Add a TBAC Ultra 5.

308. did you guys read the scenario?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you read the scenario? Sub $500, threaded, sub 20" barrel. Not many rifles meet those specs but that 308 does meet the requested criteria. While the 223 would be sufficient, the options for the price and other requirements will limit options.

Jay

Marshfly

WKR
Did you read the scenario? Sub $500, threaded, sub 20" barrel. Not many rifles meet those specs but that 308 does meet the requested criteria. While the 223 would be sufficient, the options for the price and other requirements will limit options.

Jay
Ruger American Predator and the Ranch are available in 223.

ElPollo

WKR

Jay
What do you get in terms of rifles for $500 during this period of inflation. Pretty much nothing. The OP is better off spending a bit more to buy a better rifle in a caliber that is cheaper and easier to shoot. You can look for something used and then have your local smith cut and thread. But in FL, there no reason to go longer than 16” if you’re gonna shot suppressed. Even 20 is pretty long with a 7” can out front. And there’s no reason to go bigger than a 223 unless you just want to.

On the can issue, I am not a fan of 5” suppressors. I don’t see the point of going through the process for something that doesn’t give you good noise suppression and recoil reduction. I would stick with the 7” offerings. Your can is going to cost more than your gun. But it’s yours for life so don’t go cheap or short on that one.

ElPollo

WKR
If you are bound and determined to go cheap on a rifle, something like. CVA Scout single shot can be had in stainless and in 243 for about $380. You’ll have to have a smith thread it, but that will get you a short, light, quiet, meat-killer for about $500.

wyogoat

WKR
Still have these (CZ 600) in .223 if you lean that direction. The rebate is good through end of the year so keeps you under budget. Mine will be $406 said and done.

If you are bound and determined to go cheap on a rifle, something like. CVA Scout single shot can be had in stainless and in 243 for about $380. You’ll have to have a smith thread it, but that will get you a short, light, quiet, meat-killer for about $500.

Yep, for the listed criteria a Scout in 300 Blackout would work just fine too.