Swaro NL pure stud

I bought one of the cheaps bino mounts on Amazon. $15. Can't beat it!! Well I ended up getting a pair of NL's and well everyone knows the stud mount is not the typical 1/4-28 threads. Starting looking around and everyone wants $50 or more for a outdoorsman stud!! That's ridiculous!!
I ended up just machining my own out of titanium. Not that I'm worried about the weight difference between steel and Ti but I had some on hand so figured why not! 20211219_095822.jpg20211219_095856.jpg

Norm555

WKR
That’s pretty sweet! If I didn’t already buy the outdoorsman’s stud I’d take a hard look at yours.

RRS makes a really cool ARCA adapter that clamps on to your binos for $40.
I bought the wife a new pair of ELs from Outdoorsmans and declined their “free stud” offer. The Cinch is that good, we don’t mess with the studs or the adapters any more.

I bought one of the cheaps bino mounts on Amazon. $15. Can't beat it!! Well I ended up getting a pair of NL's and well everyone knows the stud mount is not the typical 1/4-28 threads. Starting looking around and everyone wants $50 or more for a outdoorsman stud!! That's ridiculous!!
I ended up just machining my own out of titanium. Not that I'm worried about the weight difference between steel and Ti but I had some on hand so figured why not! View attachment 358290View attachment 358291
Nice work!!

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
That’s awesome. What adapter is that compatible with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Really once you have $3k in a single pair of binos a $50 adapter doesn't mean much lol
That’s exactly what outdoorsmans is smart enough to realize as well. Yes they make quality components and have found their niche. Gotta respect that and I do own a bunch of their overpriced gear. Love to support an American and my home state company…

If you saw their facility and location in fountain hills you’d realize just how well they are doing though. I’ll take a picture of the view from their parking lot next time I’m up that way.

ChrisAU

WKR
That’s exactly what outdoorsmans is smart enough to realize as well. Yes they make quality components and have found their niche. Gotta respect that and I do own a bunch of their overpriced gear. Love to support an American and my home state company…

If you saw their facility and location in fountain hills you’d realize just how well they are doing though. I’ll take a picture of the view from their parking lot next time I’m up that way.

I meant to add that OP has some excellent craftsmanship on that, and if I had titanium, the tools, and most importantly the skills, I would have done the same. I'm 0 for the 3 there though :D

Unsure when you last stopped by, but they moved a bit down the road. They no longer have the killer mountain views which made comparing optics so nice.

But I do love a local company doing well.

OP
HuntInWild88
Really once you have $3k in a single pair of binos a $50 adapter doesn't mean much lol
Your 100% not wrong! I just don't have an outdoorsman adapter. So I would be purchasing both that and the stud.
I can't really see how their adapter and stud are any better then the $15 one I got off Amazon. I save money where I can so I can afford to spend it on the things that really make a difference.

OP
HuntInWild88
I meant to add that OP has some excellent craftsmanship on that, and if I had titanium, the tools, and most importantly the skills, I would have done the same. I'm 0 for the 3 there though :D
Yeah luckily my employer has spent a great deal of time and money to train me on the skills portion. The titanium came from a bolt that was worn beyond its wear limits.