Swazi.......Yeah I'll Pass....

I don't really have a dog in this fight. Don't own any of this stuff and never had intentions of buying any even though I know it is supposed to be good stuff. Aron Snyder has talked about it. But I see a lot of people suggesting that other cultures view firearms ownership differently. That may be so, but our constitution says very plainly that our rights were given to us by our creator. This is so frequently lost on people it surprises me. If you believe in the constitution our nation was founded upon, then you should also believe that our rights are inherent to the human condition. It just so happens our country is the only one that has gone to the trouble to ensure these rights are spelled out in our founding documents. It's hypocritical to say that you believe in this for our country, but not theirs. Unless you believe in separate creators for each nation.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
You're confusing the Deceleration of Independence and the Constitution.

If the Constitution is such a perfect, inerrant document, why are there so many amendments?

gabenzeke

WKR
You're confusing the Deceleration of Independence and the Constitution.

If the Constitution is such a perfect, inerrant document, why are there so many amendments?
You're right, I should have said our founding documents. They all go hand in hand if you want to get a better picture of the founding principles.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You are confusing New Zealand with Australia…
Australia was pretty bad too but that crazy Jacinda Ardern was the poster child for covid tyrants. You can look up all the horrible things she did & said in her own words on video. They called them "quarantine camps" where they held people for 14 days against their will and if the person refused the vaccine or additional tests they would automatically be held another 14 days.
One of her quotes was: "We will continue to be your single source of truth," and that, "Unless you hear it from us, it is not the truth."
If we didn't have the 2A our gov't would've had us in these same camps too.

mb6355

Lil-Rokslider
Some people love enslavement.
They voted Jacinda Ardern in twice now as PM so I would say you're right.

And this statement denigrating semi-auto owners "scary" seems disingenuous at best..

"I've met people in the hills with semi-automatic guns and I've got to tell you, they scare the hell out of me."

And this statement denigrating semi-auto owners "scary" seems disingenuous at best..

"I've met people in the hills with semi-automatic guns and I've got to tell you, they scare the hell out of me."
To be fair, I know some people that I definitely didn't feel comfortable with having guns.

One is currently on death row for killing his son because he lost custody. His ex wife tried to get a restraining order, but the judge wouldn't tell a veteran that he couldn't see his son.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Another voice from a country other than ours giving an opinion on MSR'S.
Thank god we have a constitution.

Randy
How's that working out in Oregon currently? They're chipping away piece by piece here in the States. Look at Boise... you think this stuff isn't coming to Idaho in the near future? Pretty soon they'll be enough in the Boise crotch and CDA armpit to outvote rural Idaho. Swazi makes some interesting gear, but so do a lot of other companies that aren't gun.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
How's that working out in Oregon currently? They're chipping away piece by piece here in the States. Look at Boise... you think this stuff isn't coming to Idaho in the near future? Pretty soon they'll be enough in the Boise crotch and CDA armpit to outvote rural Idaho. Swazi makes some interesting gear, but so do a lot of other companies that aren't gun.
I'm not sure what your point is.?
Of course "they" are chipping away everywhere in the United States, but I guess that was and is my statement about OUR constitution.
Thank God we have it.
It irks me to no end that other people from outside the US tell us what we should be doing about firearms. And yes, if I KNOW a business is against MSR'S, I won't give them my money.

Randy

inyago

FNG
Swazi{ davy hughes} was basically covering his own arse with that statement. He is not a gun dealer in the
American sense but represents rigby of england in nzd. Unless you are into that African safari, Yukon,BC crap you would not need such guns.I saw an article of his talking about some .500 cal rigby of his blah blah.
Thay are hand built, fine engineered 15-25lb weapons that over privileged wankers own. Let come to our hood and see how he goes.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I thank god above daily that we have the freedoms we have. There is a reason our founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment or we would be no different then any other country out there that has banned firearms. I will take the bad with the good all day then to give up our freedom of choice on what we want to do or own. That is why its important we stand up for our rights. Huge fan and follower of Mike Glover and John Lovel both are true Americans who fought for our country and speak some pretty hard core truths about our country. If you have not heard or know of them I highly recommend doing some research.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm not sure what your point is.?
Of course "they" are chipping away everywhere in the United States, but I guess that was and is my statement about OUR constitution.
Thank God we have it.
It irks me to no end that other people from outside the US tell us what we should be doing about firearms. And yes, if I KNOW a business is against MSR'S, I won't give them my money.

Randy
You said " thank God we have a constitution". Oregon literally said "F that", and those idiots are moving to Idaho in droves. That's my point. These people don't give a damn about the constitution and they'll try every trick to pull an end around that they can. It shouldn't be limited to MSRs. If they are pro-infringement on any part of the 2A they are getting passed over.
Wildlife programs are going to be the real loser in Oregon once those P-R funds take a nosedive. Just another ripple effect of liberalism.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Swazi{ davy hughes} was basically covering his own arse with that statement. He is not a gun dealer in the
American sense but represents rigby of england in nzd. Unless you are into that African safari, Yukon,BC crap you would not need such guns.I saw an article of his talking about some .500 cal rigby of his blah blah.
Thay are hand built, fine engineered 15-25lb weapons that over privileged wankers own. Let come to our hood and see how he goes.
I'd buy anything that D'arcy Echols makes before I'd consider a Rigby. Maybe they should tell Davy that you don't need a .50 cal weapon to kill an animal lol

inyago

FNG
Davy hughes would be a democrat if he lived in the states, yeah him and Adam schiff would be best mates.
Now i see Canada is going to ban semiautos, you guys are going to have to defend 2a soon, less than 20yrs i would say. I know it is your constitution, but look at what's going on.
These WEF people need all of us unarmed so they can push there agenda across the world. Adern our prime minister is one, and she's done 'IT" Here, now trudeau is starting in Canada.The thing in England is now pushing digital currency,'FOR THE WHOLE WORLD". It is all linked, nothing they do is NOT connected to their plan, of turning us all into serfs.

Davy hughes would be a democrat if he lived in the states, yeah him and Adam schiff would be best mates.
Now i see Canada is going to ban semiautos, you guys are going to have to defend 2a soon, less than 20yrs i would say. I know it is your constitution, but look at what's going on.
These WEF people need all of us unarmed so they can push there agenda across the world. Adern our prime minister is one, and she's done 'IT" Here, now trudeau is starting in Canada.The thing in England is now pushing digital currency,'FOR THE WHOLE WORLD". It is all linked, nothing they do is NOT connected to their plan, of turning us all into serfs.
Well, the 2nd Amendment to the US constitution doesn't apply in Canada...

Mt Al

WKR
Somewhat Off Topic Warning:
I had lunch with Davey in the late 90s, could be off by a few years. Was in the outdoor industry, heard about Swazi from Duncan Gilcrhrist** and ordered some kit, a pain back then to pay and get it shipped. He mentioned he'd be coming to Bozeman and could we meet for lunch. Wild looking dude and had hunted Mongolia a few years prior and told me the story, his volume and accent drew attention from the lunch crowd - this was mostly pre-Bozeangles. At that time, and I'd guess now, was an absolute fanatical hunter of all things huntable. Just fun listening to him.

I still have one of his fleece shirts. Fleece isn't 'fleece', it comes in all kinds of grades. He bought the highest grade and apart from some pilling, it's like new. Didn't like the jacket I bought, just designed for heavy, nasty rain which we don't get in Montana. I may or may not have traded him a Dana Design pack.

**Duncan Gilchrist was an early US-based NZ hunter and helped make it popular way back when. I wish I would have done what he told me to. Same same for you younger guys "Go now, it isn't going to stay the way it is, what's keeping you?" he'd say. Duncan was a forester in Alaska, learned to fly a Cub and hunted/guided like a boss for grizzlies. Really nice guy, has a few books about mountain hunting and bears, passed away after he moved to Montana, near Hamilton if I recall. Was nutz about hunting chamoi, thar, red deer, hogs, everything in NZ.

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
In my mind he had a decision to make.

1. Support the ban, knowing that the number of Kiwis that owned semi-autos was low.
2. Fight the ban and lose a huge part of his business, maybe even be snuffed out of his government contracts all together.

LETS ALL CANCEL EVERYONE WITH DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW THAN US!!! THATS WHAT OUR FOREFATHERS WANTED
Bad arguments guys. He doesn’t have to say anything about the issue at all. Once he does it’s fair game to criticize him. Our forefathers would all have been enslaved without firearms. New Zealand is a living laboratory for one world government schemes and its leader is sneering and smarmy.

inyago

FNG
Well, the 2nd Amendment to the US constitution doesn't apply in Canada...
What i was getting at is aus/ banned semi autos/ nz-banned except for certain people in the pest industry, and now Canada is going down the same path. Eventually America will be isolated then the outside pressure will magnify. Europeans already are hyper critical of you having a 2a right as open as it is..In 20yrs or less you will see what i am saying. Who in their right mind thought Americans would elect what resides in the white house???

inyago

FNG
Bad arguments guys. He doesn’t have to say anything about the issue at all. Once he does it’s fair game to criticize him. Our forefathers would all have been enslaved without firearms. New Zealand is a living laboratory for one world government schemes and its leader is sneering and smarmy.
You are so right, He should of kept his mouth shut.She {Adern] IS DANGEROUS to every one of us.Adern dos not just run nzd, she is the poster child for the WEF. She has got in to trudeaus ear and he will absolutely go along with banning semi autos/ assault weapons. This digital currency is another trap for our freedom.

Mojave

WKR
Somewhat Off Topic Warning:
I had lunch with Davey in the late 90s, could be off by a few years. Was in the outdoor industry, heard about Swazi from Duncan Gilcrhrist** and ordered some kit, a pain back then to pay and get it shipped. He mentioned he'd be coming to Bozeman and could we meet for lunch. Wild looking dude and had hunted Mongolia a few years prior and told me the story, his volume and accent drew attention from the lunch crowd - this was mostly pre-Bozeangles. At that time, and I'd guess now, was an absolute fanatical hunter of all things huntable. Just fun listening to him.

I still have one of his fleece shirts. Fleece isn't 'fleece', it comes in all kinds of grades. He bought the highest grade and apart from some pilling, it's like new. Didn't like the jacket I bought, just designed for heavy, nasty rain which we don't get in Montana. I may or may not have traded him a Dana Design pack.

**Duncan Gilchrist was an early US-based NZ hunter and helped make it popular way back when. I wish I would have done what he told me to. Same same for you younger guys "Go now, it isn't going to stay the way it is, what's keeping you?" he'd say. Duncan was a forester in Alaska, learned to fly a Cub and hunted/guided like a boss for grizzlies. Really nice guy, has a few books about mountain hunting and bears, passed away after he moved to Montana, near Hamilton if I recall. Was nutz about hunting chamoi, thar, red deer, hogs, everything in NZ.
Thanks for that, Duncan Gilchrist was a treasure.

I actually had a phone relationship with him my first 8 or 10 years on Active Duty in the Navy. I don't know what year he died, but he as sensational.

New Zealand is not the US, it never was. Anyone who is calling Davy a hypocrite doesn't understand the situation. There are not American laws protecting free speech like we have here. Even in places like Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

There are no laws protecting real firearms ownership outside of the United States and Switzerland. There are phony regulations in South American countries in constitutions but they are not legimitatly upheld.

A friend of mine in Australia had a wife that liked to cheat on him. He was also a blackbelt in a number of martial arts, and a gun owner.

He lost his firearms license because his wife said that she was in fear of her life. He never threatened her, never did anything, just asked for a divorce packed up his crap and moved out.

He worked in the trades, and she had some kind of high paying professional job. She actually got the house and almost everything else.

Freedom is a myth, your government can do whatever it wants to you. It doesn't matter what state you live in. Or really what country.