Talk to your minor children about vape pens before this happens

I'm very sorry to hear of this. It's really terrible that she likely had no idea what was in the device. The lack of action on the part of the other person is bewildering, for fear of getting in trouble, she let a person die.

When I was about 21 my best friend from high school overdosed and died in his bed. He was using intravenously after another "friend" introduced him to the needle following a long addiction to synthetic opioids.

mlgc20

WKR
I can't tell you how that makes me feel right now. Please let them know that the threat is real. Show them this picture of my beautiful beautiful niece Sophia.
Thanks again for sharing her story. My family talked about Sophia tonight and prayed for your family. I showed Sophia’s picture to my wife and daughters (10 and 13 years old). It’s a sad reminder that we as parents have to be vigilant about communication with our kids. And even then, you can’t protect them from everything. I can’t imagine what your family is going through.

lif

WKR
On Saturday afternoon my brother (non member but elk hunter) came home from work and found his 17 year old daughter dead in her bed. She was a straight A student, Varsity cheerleader and talented dancer. She had no health issues and had never had so much as a speeding ticket. I can't go into detail but after sitting with my brother for hour after hour talking to the police and my nieces friends, it appears that her new "friend" thought it would funny to get her to take a few puffs of a vape pen knowing that it contained Cannibus extract and FENTANYL. This "friend" told my niece the vape pen had a little "weed" in it. We have been told that the friend confessed that she went into convulsions and lost consciousness. Her "friend" propped her up against the wall and slipped out of the house while my brother was in the shower. He had no idea this "friend" was even in the house when he went to work early that morning. Before he left he knocked on her door and said he was going to work, he would be home early and he loved her. He assumed she was sleeping in as has been common with her during her Corona Summer. Her "friend" was too much of a coward to call 911. The EMT building is 4 houses down from my brothers. You can stand on his porch and see the paramedic trucks. It is quite possible that one 911 call could have saved her life.

The police are conducting an investigation but I don't anticipate anyone being charged and my niece was 17 and considered an adult in her state. My brother had several conversations with her about using drugs but never thought to talk to her about the possibility of marijuana being laced with a power opiod that can kill you with no warning. I hope the girl that thought it was funny to slip her Fentanyl burns in hell. I hope the police can find and prosecute the local drug dealer who mixed the MJ extract with Fentanyl and sold it to "kids" spends the remainder of his life in the pen. I am with my brother and his family trying to comfort them.

If you have kids at home please tell them that a puff from a vape pen can kill you and to never trust anyone. Even a seemingly harmless "weed pen" could be laced with a deadly drug they never intended to use.

Another beautiful bright young person has made one bad decision and has lost her life. I'm sure she felt no pain. My brother and is family are left to bear the pain and agony of her poor decision. We will never be the same.

Please talk to your children and young adults. This world is filled with stupid and evil people.
I will be sharing this with my 12 year old daughter and 14 year old boy first thing in the morning. I will let them read your exact words. So very sorry for your family and I will 100% make a point of sharing with other families I know. Condolences and best wishes for your loss. So sad and sorry.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
I'm terribly sorry for your family and thanks for sharing this story. I read it to my 12yo daughter and I know it had an impact on her. What the "friend" did was criminal and they should be held accountable.

I have a 3 year old daughter and can't imagine the emotions I would go through if something like this happened to her in her teenage years. When she's older I will have this conversation with her and my son. Thank you for sharing and so sorry for your loss. I will pray for your brother and family and that our government can make some strides in this out of control drug problem we have. So sad that children have to die over something so senseless

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
God bless your niece and all of your family in this tragic time. May she rest in peace.

This is the kind of crap that scares the bejeebers out of me as a father raising a young son. You never know where the evil lurks and unfortunately can't keep them protected under your wing at all times. I will certainly be giving him an extra hug tonight.

This is absolutely horrible and I am so sorry for your family’s loss. I have a 17 year old son and a 12 year old daughter that will be reading this as well, and I thank you for sharing. My heart goes out to you and your entire family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbob

WKR
So sorry, heartbreaking.

As a highschool PE teacher, this kind of stuff is part of my curriculum (Health and well-being component). This is a reminder to emphasize the hidden dangers in "simple" things as well as HOW TO HANDLE AN EMERGENCY.

Two years ago I sat with my principal in his office and had a heart to heart with 4 girls that bought a pen and juice from "some guy" in town then decided to use it in the change room at school. They were oblivious to the dangers of what might be in the juice.

Parents have the conversation at home.

Again so sorry about this beautiful young life lost.

I can't even imagine what you and your family is going through right now. I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a big wake up call of the tough conversations I have ahead in life with my 5 month old daughter. Scary to say the least. Thanks for finding the courage to share this with us.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
I'm terribly sorry for your family and thanks for sharing this story. I read it to my 12yo daughter and I know it had an impact on her. What the "friend" did was criminal and they should be held accountable.
Thank you. The police are working on the case but have told us it will be hard to prove/prosecute.

OP
F

fmyth

WKR
I'm very sorry to hear of this. It's really terrible that she likely had no idea what was in the device. The lack of action on the part of the other person is bewildering, for fear of getting in trouble, she let a person die.

When I was about 21 my best friend from high school overdosed and died in his bed. He was using intravenously after another "friend" introduced him to the needle following a long addiction to synthetic opioids.
Thank you. Many people have reached to me to share their own experiences of losing a friend/loved one to drugs. It's quite shocking how often this kind of thing happens.

Laramie

WKR
My family is following this story closely. We have 3 children - 2 of which are college age. Posting this story just may have made a difference in their lives. Thank you. Sending prayers to your family.

archp625

WKR
Dang man I cannot imagine. I have a son that is 2 but I imagine things like this will pop up sooner than later. I am so sorry for you and your families loss.

Rokbar

WKR
Prayers for your brothers family. Looks like a beautiful young girl. I have a 14 year old daughter and stress the effects of cigarettes. Little alone laced ones. Be there for your brother and God speed!