Tall tripod for Binos

Hey I’m looking for recommendation for a taller tripod to put my Binos on and glass when standing. I’m a big fan of Manfrotto. I currently have the 190 and love it. I just notice that when I am standing and glassing I have to kink my neck down just a little bit to look through the glass when it is fully extended. If I do this for hours a day I get a pretty stiff neck. I would like one just a bit taller. I’m about 6’ 3” and I run Swarovski 12x50 ELs. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Thanks

If I know I’m gonna be standing I use my Vortex Ridgeview Carbon. I’m 6’ and it would definitely work for you being a few inches taller than I am. Just swap the head out with your Manfrotto.

You might take a look at the SLIK CF Pro tripods. They make a couple that would work for you when standing. I have a CF Pro 634 which I really like.

If I know I’m gonna be standing I use my Vortex Ridgeview Carbon. I’m 6’ and it would definitely work for you being a few inches taller than I am. Just swap the head out with your Manfrotto.

I second the Ridgeview, I’m 5’10 and I don’t have to extend the middle post. It’ll cover any height you would need standing up, it’s fairly light weight if that’s a concern and it’s stable.

There are a number of great options from Slik and Sirui. Manfrotto has not changed their line-up in many years while Slik and Sirui have improved theirs within the last few years. The Slik CF834 is 64.9 inches before you put the head and the tripod adapter on it. The Sirui ST-124 is 62.2 inches and has built in retractable spikes and the twist locks on this series are weather proof.

Right now we have 15% off on Slik, Sirui and Peak Design with the code TS22 PLUS Sirui has rebates as well. Perfect timing

Feel free to call me to discuss specific models

I am 6' 4" , I just made a aluminum extension for my Jim White head. works great, lightweight packable. You can make the out of 1.125 round stock or have a machine shop do it for you.

My glassing setup is Really Right Stuff TVC-34L MK2 tripod, BH-55LR head, Cinch Elite on my Zeiss Victory 10x56 RF binos. I am 6'7" I can glass standing with this setup.

I bought a Promaster XC-M 525CK for my new straight scope as well as binos and really think it's great so far! Very light weight and much better quality than other tripods I've owned (never bought one so expensive either).

I highly recommend RRS TFCT-33 tripod with Anvil-30. I am also using the Swaro 12x50 Els on top. I am 6'-1" and glass standing just fine. You might want to add a smaller riser for your height. Very lightweight and rock solid.

There are a number of great options from Slik and Sirui. Manfrotto has not changed their line-up in many years while Slik and Sirui have improved theirs within the last few years. The Slik CF834 is 64.9 inches before you put the head and the tripod adapter on it. The Sirui ST-124 is 62.2 inches and has built in retractable spikes and the twist locks on this series are weather proof.

Right now we have 15% off on Slik, Sirui and Peak Design with the code TS22 PLUS Sirui has rebates as well. Perfect timing

Feel free to call me to discuss specific models
Does Sirui have rebates on their tripod heads? I didn’t see anything online.

Back