Target Panic cure with a thumb release HELP!

dtrkyman

WKR
Ive had it on and off for years, anything with a trigger I will eventually punch and or anticipate shots, tried everything ever written about curing it. Only way I can consistently execute a proper shot is with a hinge or resistance release. I have not shot a trigger activated release in 2 years and do not plan on it anytime soon.

All the training scenarios eventually go out the window, i could blank bale till the cows come home, draw and not shoot a million times and once I realize I am going to trigger a release bad things eventually happen.

John Dudley who was mentioned earlier had the same issue and he is a professional archer, he can shoot triggers now but it took him years of shooting resistance style releases.

Slim Jim

WKR
What worked for myself in the past is that all my focus goes on my bow hand. Making sure hand is completely relaxed, pin is settled, arm in right location, etc. and then I’ll let the shot break, keeping focus on seeing the shot through with my bow hand. The minute I put focus on my release hand, shots go to crap. Blind bailing is good for concentrating on your release hand though. Try it maybe it’ll work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: