Tarptent Moment

I have one and used it all last year. Goes up fast. I'm 5'8" and I have a lot of space left over., and I can still put my gear in the vestibule. I've had it up in high winds from 15-30 mph all night in Montana., it didn't move at all. Ive always used both poles when setting it up, but with no winds it's not necessary. I've never had any condensation problems with it, I've used it well below 32 degs. I would suggest getting different stakes. I just wish I could get it to pack down smaller. If you want packed down dimensions let me know. Besides that it's great and I'm glad I got it. You could set it up without the nest and tub to save some oz.

OP
hooker

hooker

Lil-Rokslider
Hey thanks. I'm just north of Vancouver WA. I've got a line on one and hoping to test it soon. I have a sixmoons lunar solo that I''l prolly give to my son he's 6-4". And I'm seriously looking into the Moment. We have a Sixmoons Lunar Duo for both of us on longer trips. But that Moment I looks like it will hold a snow load better than the Lunar solo.. Really appreciate the offer! If I'm ever up that way I'll let you know and buy you a beer!

TJ

WKR
I've used one for about three years. Very easy and fast to set, light, and I don't usually have condensation problems.

I have the extra liner but I never have used it. For a single person tent it has a fair amount of room.

View attachment 22405

n2horns

WKR
You can't go wrong with any Tarptent model. I have a tarptent notch, 1 person only, i like it for nice weather. To small and a little vestibule for when it rains a bunch. I prefer to use it with my trekking poles, seems to be a little more solid in the wind than the easton poles you can buy. I have the easton poles for when I am doing a 2 nighter in one spot and take my trekking poles with me into the field.

I also use and so does a buddy the lightheartgear solong 6. More room for 1 person and gear inside if needed. I prefer it more for longer trips and when i have more clothes/gear or bad weather.

Hey thanks. I'm just north of Vancouver WA. I've got a line on one and hoping to test it soon. I have a sixmoons lunar solo that I''l prolly give to my son he's 6-4". And I'm seriously looking into the Moment. We have a Sixmoons Lunar Duo for both of us on longer trips. But that Moment I looks like it will hold a snow load better than the Lunar solo.. Really appreciate the offer! If I'm ever up that way I'll let you know and buy you a beer!

Yeah, no problem. If you have any other questions let me know. I have yet to use mine in the snow, so I don't know how it would handle the weight.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Love the HS Tarptents. I used a Moment DW last two years. Picked up another HS model recently along with a Hiileberg and am going to use them this year.
My Moment has not been listed but I am going to sell it. PM me if your interested.
photo 3 (1).jpg