Fish cooler bags for quarters?

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone ever used those soft sided fish cooler bags for quartered or boned out meat? Looks like they're a good shape for it.

I wouldn't expect them to hold ice for long, but I'm thinking you could keep some block ice or frozen water bottles in a smaller cooler, and throw them in the fish bags with the meat when you get back to the vehicle. Seems like it would be easier to handle and take up less space than packing 100-150qt coolers for meat.

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands?

Dented

WKR
I never considered that, but then, I've never seen soft bags that size before. I'll be interested to hear the replies.

OP
G

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/large-soft-cooler-kill-bag.327045/. This was talked about last fall. I hope the link works. Great space saver.
Perfect thank you! Disappointing to hear they all leak considering they arent cheap, but using frozen water bottles and lining it with a contractor bag should mitigate that. A 60ish qt hard side for camp food and trailhead beverages, and some frozen bottles, and a fish kill bag or two for the drive home should be a pretty manageable setup for size and weight.

geterdone

FNG
I have a few and bring them to just about every hunt. They work great for transport, not any long term warm weather type storage. They take very little space when empty, and will hold ice for 24-48 hours depending on the temperature outside. They do leak, it's not a big issue unless you are placing them in the trunk of a car. They don't leak all the water out, they will hold water but the seams seep water over time. When tuna fishing they will have 10 gallons of slurry with 10 fish and 100lbs of ice in them the next day and a wet spot under the bag. I have WPS and reliable bags. WPS has a better zipper, reliable bags have more room with the flat bottom design for the same advertised dimensions.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk