Tenmile VS NX8

EddieNel

Lil-Rokslider
I have so much reading to do on scopes. Im old school and use a range finder everywhere I hunt. I usually dial my scope to 300 yds and anything inside of that might be a little high by a couple of inches on my shot.

ChrisAU

WKR
I have both the 3-18x44 FFP Tenmile and a 4-32x50 NX8. I avoided the NX8 for a while because of eyebox concerns, and I had mounted a couple MOA ones for buddies and I didn’t like their turrets or reticles. However now I love my FFP MIL-XT 4-32, it feels like a different scope than my buddies 2.5-20 and 4-32 MOAR SFP models. The FFP Tenmile is superb as well, and really has cornered the market on an FFP scope in the 24oz or less range if you want more than 9x and durability (vs SWFA 3-9). I have it on an NRL Hunter rifle that I needed to keep under 12 lbs for Open Light class. It’s great but I do like the NX8 a little more.

Now, if the choice were an SFP 3-18x50 Tenmile or an SFP 2.5-20x50 NX8 I’ll grab the Tenmile all day every day, especially at Eurooptics current price.

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
I have both the 3-18x44 FFP Tenmile and a 4-32x50 NX8. I avoided the NX8 for a while because of eyebox concerns, and I had mounted a couple MOA ones for buddies and I didn’t like their turrets or reticles. However now I love my FFP MIL-XT 4-32, it feels like a different scope than my buddies 2.5-20 and 4-32 MOAR SFP models. The FFP Tenmile is superb as well, and really has cornered the market on an FFP scope in the 24oz or less range if you want more than 9x and durability (vs SWFA 3-9). I have it on an NRL Hunter rifle that I needed to keep under 12 lbs for Open Light class. It’s great but I do like the NX8 a little more.

Now, if the choice were an SFP 3-18x50 Tenmile or an SFP 2.5-20x50 NX8 I’ll grab the Tenmile all day every day, especially at Eurooptics current price.
That helps a lot.

EddieNel

Lil-Rokslider
Ok I wear glasses and I honestly cant see without them. So eye relief is important to me. Also Ive been watching a lot of videos about front or first focal and 2nd focal plane. I hunt on the edges of pasture land and pipelines but I also hunt thick woods where I might have a 75 yard shot or less. Im leaning towards 2nd FP but Im not 100% sure yet. I do see a guy on here has a NF for sale because he doesn't like the 1FP view.

QuickTrigger7

Lil-Rokslider
curious to see what you went with i cant decide if i want a maven rs.1, tenmile or a nx8 or atac

gearguywb

WKR
Sure. He has a strong following and gives good advice... as long as it's a product he sells. I've consistently seen him only recommend his products (of course) and nothing else. I'm not really knocking him, because he should be repping his store. But take all recommendations with a grain of salt when he has a personal stake in them.
Wow...you jump on a thread where a guy asks a question that is pretty open-ended. He received good feedback from several members yet you want to disparage a very reputable dealer that has been around a long time.

"Take all recommendations with a grain of salt...." Really? Of course a dealer is going to be somewhat biased toward what they sell, however, someone like Doug has more experience with optics in a week than most of us will have in a lifetime.

Choose to listen or not, but how about trying to do it with an open mind and willingness to learn?

Back to my coffee.....

Oh, I like both, have had several of both on long range hunting and target guns, and IMHO, the NX8 is worth the squeeze.

Choose to listen or not, but how about trying to do it with an open mind and willingness to learn?

Back to my coffee.....

Wow... really dragging up an old thread. I still stand by what I said. Go back to your coffee and listen to your own advice to keep an open mind.

Dealers hype their own products isn't a controversial take.

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
An old thread? Less than two weeks since the last reply before his. Calm down bud. You still have new guy status. Don’t think you’re gonna run in here and bad mouth long standing supporters and vendors. Check yourself man.

atmat

WKR
curious to see what you went with i cant decide if i want a maven rs.1, tenmile or a nx8 or atac
RS1.2 is your winner.

To everyone criticizing @sawsington — y’all gotta chill out. He asked a fair question, and Doug gave a fair answer. Doug’s a standup dude running a standup business who can speak for himself. And folks should ask questions of dealers they interact with.

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
@atmat,
I have no beef with his original question to Doug. But his further replies are what I was addressing. He asked a fair question, got a straight answer, and then kept on. That’s what we’re commenting about.

atmat

WKR
@atmat,
I have no beef with his original question to Doug. But his further replies are what I was addressing. He asked a fair question, got a straight answer, and then kept on. That’s what we’re commenting about.
So I thought that, too — but he only kept on in response to the people who challenged his question. He never responded back to Doug.

His simple question provoked a lot of animated responses.

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
Not directly to Doug, but still commenting about Doug only recommending what he sells and basically don’t believe everything he might say. Doug didn’t get his reputation here by being shady or dishonest. His comments were still throwing shade at Doug.

atmat

WKR
Not directly to Doug, but still commenting about Doug only recommending what he sells and basically don’t believe everything he might say. Doug didn’t get his reputation here by being shady or dishonest. His comments were still throwing shade at Doug.
Ehh, I disagree on that being “throwing shade.” But I respect your opinion and won’t derail this further.