Tent change

Floorguy

WKR
I have been thinking about my shelter lately. I currently have an SL-5 that I have been using for a couple years and while it is nice and I can say that it has worked for me, I can't say that I have been happy with it. I haven't used it solo yet and have always had a hunting partner along. The space hasn't been an issue there is always plenty of that, it think its more the location of the door and there only being one door. I have been l9king at the lbo pretty much since I got the sl-5 and have thought it would work out better for me. If anyone here has actually used both or been around both could you tell me the pro's and con's of switching to the lbo. Thanks. I already know there will be a loss in floorspace. Thanks.

Brent49

FNG
I have been looking at both shelters for a bit now and having a hard time deciding which one to go with. I will be curious to hear what people have to say about the LBO and how well it holds up to hard weather up here. If you choose to go with the LBO I might be interested in buying your SL-5 off you. I will send you a PM with my info if you choose to go that way.

i ran the SL5 two seasons. my thoughts mirrored yours. for me since switching to the LBO this winter, it has addressed pretty much every complaint i had with the SL5 while keeping all its strengths.
its also more versatile. roll solo lean-to. early season with the 3pc vestibule for -10oz. works better as a quick-on the mtn- storm shelter.
this year in colorado, it earned it stripes, getting battered with wind, rain, hail, snow. we had to double up the pole at one point...

Get U an SL3 and tell your buddy to get His own might be a solution. Love my SL3 and can't think of anything better for a flat spot in the mountains. I do leave the pole at home to save 11 OZs though.

OP
Floorguy

Floorguy

WKR
Get U an SL3 and tell your buddy to get His own might be a solution. Love my SL3 and can't think of anything better for a flat spot in the mountains. I do leave the pole at home to save 11 OZs though.

If I was going to do that I would save money and get the seek outside bt-2 over the sl3 I like the versatility and don't want to give up that much space