The Beer Thread

kyle1112

WKR
Yes we are!! Have you been to the tap house in Seattle or bellevue (only been to seattle)? Amazing food and 160 beers on tap, so many amazing ipas

LostArra

WKR
Because of the ridiculous alcohol laws in Oklahoma a lot of craft brewers don't distribute here which led me to home brewing. And beer smuggling from Texas.
Enjoying a Farmhouse IPA home brew on the back porch right now. I haven't got the gear for canning my own yet.

Shrek

WKR
For Oscar blues try Gubna IPA. I have no idea if these are offered in cans but Southern Tier's Unearthly is one of my favorite IPA's . Lagunitas's Lil Sump'n Wild and Lil Sump'n Sump'n are both pretty good imo. For me though it's Belgian Trappist ales that are my weaknes . St Bernardus's abt 12 and Westvleteren 12 are phenomenal when aged a few years. The best berr I've ever had bar none is a bottle of St Bernardus 60th anniversary abt 12 that I lost in a cabinet for 5 1/2 years. It was...indescribable ! Unfortunately that's it for that as it was a one time brew.

sorry I was in the middle of something

21st Ammendment Brewing Co has one semi locally there are microbrews up here that can their beer and have IPA's
Yep, That's what I pack. Brew Free or Die Hard, 7.5% too. Took some on the WA Rokslide Hike last year.
Nothing like a cold IPA right out of the snow drift!

Oh, for what it's worth, some pubs will tap micro brews directly into 1L soda bottles.
Holds carb nicely, can be refilled w/ water in the backcountry and burns up in fire w/o a trace.
Hunt'nFish

As long as we're on the IPA subject, has anyone (mainly thinking northern Cali folks) tried Pliny the Elder beer. This stuff is pure heaven. Russian River Brewing Company. If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and do so. It almost makes me want to move down to Nor Cal just to have access to this beer.....Just kidding!

Attachments

• plinytheelderbottle-copy.jpg
    plinytheelderbottle-copy.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 22
As long as we're on the IPA subject, has anyone (mainly thinking northern Cali folks) tried Pliny the Elder beer. This stuff is pure heaven. Russian River Brewing Company. If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and do so. It almost makes me want to move down to Nor Cal just to have access to this beer.....Just kidding!
ya i tried it. maybe i was oversold on it from all the beer-advocate hype. it was good. but not the best ever. maybe i just prefer beers that slap me.
some of my favs are hop stoopid, maximus, whoop pass, liberty cap, the immortal, jasmine, ruud awakening, outburst and rainier to name a few

edit:
i really want to get my hands on some pliny the younger though!

I can't speak to the hype, all I know is that I was down in Bodega Bay this last summer and had some at a party. I thought it kicked ass. I'm kind of partial to some of our local smallbatch breweries up here, Moose's Tooth Fairweather IPA and Glacier Brewhouse IPA, but the Pliney was something special IMO.

gulicemo

Banned

I make the 3 hour drive to Santa Rosa just to fill up a couple Growlers of it... It's worth it.

2rocky

WKR
I remember getting a taste of P the Y on a Wednesday evening after a run 3-4 years ago. Since the Popularity explosion we have given up on the Russian River as a post run beer stop. I prefer their Damnation but P the E is good too.

Joe M

FNG
Pliny is awesome when it's fresh, there is definitely some other double IPAs on the market that are as good. Ballast point sculpin, Oakshire perfect storm, Knee deep hoptologist, to name a few. The belgians and sours that Russian River produces are amazing and possibly more special than Pliny. The younger is great, but I haven't had it since it got so popular that there is a line around the block to get it.

jm1607

WKR
My current beer of choice is Belhaven, it's soooo smooth. You can just kill a whole pint and you don't have to burp

homebru

FNG
Should I make a commemorative Rokslide beer? I can't can.....unless you count those 5 gal stainless cans as "cans'.
homebru

2ski

WKR
Yes. That would be sweet.

I have a coworker that brewed a bacon beer. He nailed it. Like drinking liquid bacon.

kyle1112

WKR
Tonight's delicious treat!

y8u4eten.jpg