The quest for the right mid weight pants

OP
E
I'm very much sold on the Beyond Clothing USA made pants.

This one is my favorite.
I just bought a pair in multicam

Let me be clear

I FREAKING LOVE MULTICAM
OK that was a bit much but I do lol

ckk416

FNG
A little late to the party but I like the Simms softshell pants. They are heavier than the sitka timberlines, have more room in the thighs, and are well made.

OP
E
A little late to the party but I like the Simms softshell pants. They are heavier than the sitka timberlines, have more room in the thighs, and are well made.

No kidding... is it the same material as their rogue hoodie?

OP
E
Ohhh snap those aren't on the outlet page!

I'm wearing my tan ones right now, I do most days. Did they arrive yet?
They haven't yet! I hope I love them. If I do and there are any left I might hop on them or try another color!

OP
E
OK boys, I tried a couple more

Skre venture
Sitka mountain
Beyond a5 rig light

And I revisited the duluth trading pants.

The sitka mountain is a pretty fantastic option. 83$ right now on Sitkas website in OC. Love the ability to use knee pads for saddle hunting for deer and crawling for spot and stalk turkey or deer. I do hate the zippered hand pockets because I can't throw my normal knife in the pocket like I normally do.

The a5 rig pants I immediately fell in love with. They feel super durable, but stretch incredible well. Love love love the pocket layouts and the mesh backed pockets allow them to vent really well. Can't recommend them enough. 105$ on sale right now

The SKRE venture pants are on sale for 65$ right now and are actually pretty fantastic for the money. The fit is loose, like relaxes fit jeans loose, but the fabric is quiet enough thst they don't swish. Plenty of pockets and hip zips makes them a pretty darn viable option. I got them in solid green and I was going to send them back if I didn't like them, but they actually seem like a good fit for hikes, scouting daily wear and crossover so I may keep them. Still waiting on the hardscrabble pants and I'll likely only keep one of the two pairs of SKRE.

I revisited the duluth pants, and honestly they're way better than I remember. They're actually a size 34/34 and if I ordered them again I'd go 36/34. They still fit really well, but I think they'd be even more comfortable if I sized up to 36 which has become my normal pant size.

Of the 3 above the mountain pant is the warmest by far. I think the traverse mentioned earlier would do 90% of what the mountain does, but might be a better choice for a little earlier season work.

OP
E
I will also say that the mountain pant fits me the best, the beyond a close 2nd and the skre is the most generic fit. That said, all of them would be fantastic choices. I think I've decided to keep the SKRE venture regardless of how the hardscrabble pants are because they're a pretty solid daily wear pant and at 65$ I don't feel like they're a bad deal at all. I really like the fabric of the mountain pants. It's reminiscent of the traverse but heavier, and almost feels like my jetstream. I guess the best way to describe it is "buttery" it's like the Dakota pants without the brushed fleece inside. I'm curious to see how they hold up, I really like the pockets on the pants other than the zip hand pockets but I appreciate the brushed tricot lining in them

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
Since you've got some Sitka... Equinox but they're only in EVII. They're a bit more than the Traverse and a little less than the Mountain. In your situation I'd get the Mountain and and take knee pads over waterproof seat.

I have the Traverse, Equinox and Timberline and can't reason myself into the Mountains.... yet. The "want" quotient hasn't quite out done the lack of "need"... yet.

sndmn11

WKR
The a5 rig pants I immediately fell in love with. They feel super durable, but stretch incredible well. Love love love the pocket layouts and the mesh backed pockets allow them to vent really well. Can't recommend them enough. 105$ on sale right now

Of the 3 above the mountain pant is the warmest by far.

If you are after warm, try those beyond rig softshell pants.

OP
E
Since you've got some Sitka... Equinox but they're only in EVII. They're a bit more than the Traverse and a little less than the Mountain. In your situation I'd get the Mountain and and take knee pads over waterproof seat.

I have the Traverse, Equinox and Timberline and can't reason myself into the Mountains.... yet. The "want" quotient hasn't quite out done the lack of "need"... yet.
And 83$ right now from sitka....

I honestly always skipped the mountain pants because I love the Dakota for cold weather, I really love the ascent for hot weather and honestly the traverse are like the 308. Nobody sings their praise but everybody either has one or should have one just because they're a do all lol. Now that I have the mountains I really like the weight but I think under high output they would be too warm for me.

Sounds like the equinox is a great choice if it's between,

With the equinox, what's the pocket set up like?

OP
E
If you are after warm, try those beyond rig softshell pants.
What's a good comparison for them? I've never bought anything from them and I really really like the pants I got. Quality feels amazing and the design is really solid.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
Equinox pockets are very similar to Timberline on the thigh but front hip are open vs zip. Equinox fit is a bit more loose as well and they will layer with anything into cold weather. I honestly wear them September to November but can't wait to get into my Timberline and layer with them all the way thru February unless it's windy then it's Stratus bibs.

sndmn11

WKR
What's a good comparison for them? I've never bought anything from them and I really really like the pants I got. Quality feels amazing and the design is really solid.
They are a fleece lined version of the rig pants you got. I believe the tweave is a heavier denier as well, but it could be the method for bonding the fleece that makes it feel that way. The pockets are just a side thigh, no knee pad, and no gaiter cinch. You could also call them a nylon (tweave) version of the first lite catalyst.

They do have the easy returns thing.

The Beyond Softshell pants are great, I've got two pairs of them and love them.

I'd give the Eberlestock Battle Creek pants a look as well if you are looking for warm. I took a flyer on them a few weeks ago when they were 50% off. They're quiet, water repellant in a light rain, and warm with the fleece lining. They have an inside of the thigh zip, which I really like. The quality is very good, especially when they were $75 at the time. I'm thinking about putting a review out there because no one is talking about them.