Things to do around Riverton,WY???

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
I’m headed to Riverton next week for a Wildland class. I’ll have most of Tuesday once I get there and evenings after class to explore around the area. Looking to hike, scout, shed hunt and possibly fish if anyone has knowledge of the area they would be willing to pass on. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you gotta rummage around in Rocky mountain sports for a while.

Then go down to the Mountain man/trapping museum, on the south end of town, east side of road.

Then do a loop out around hwy 139 up to moneta, and back to Shoshoni.

The creek beds out there turn up some heavy sheds in antelope season. Not many, but a few.

OP
rcfireninja

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
Well you gotta rummage around in Rocky mountain sports for a while.

Then go down to the Mountain man/trapping museum, on the south end of town, east side of road.

Then do a loop out around hwy 139 up to moneta, and back to Shoshoni.

The creek beds out there turn up some heavy sheds in antelope season. Not many, but a few.

Thank you that gives me a good start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check fishing reports for Wind River Canyon maybe? I havent been there this early but I think the lower section starts to fish well in the spring, check with Sweetwater Fly Shop. Dont do any meth, and I have never had anyone bother me on the Reservation in 5 visits there but I have been called a "White Basterd" from a 12-ish year old local kid on a 4 wheeler at one of the Res trailheads.