Thinking about selling my Xing, need help

Need a little wisdom fellas. Thinking about selling my Xing (and assorted pockets) because I have a bikini EMR2 set up that can handle about anything I want to do.

My plans were to use the Xing as a day pack and blowing it out w/pockets when I needed the room or multi-day trips. But...the bemr2 compresses well and can expand to handle more than I want.

Trying to find some reasons to keep the Xing & pockets

Thanks in advance for the insight!
Bill

JG358

WKR
I was tempted to drop down to one pack for everything(EMR2) but I prefer a smaller pack for day hunts or horse hunts. Guess it just depends on how you hunt though. I'd carry the big pack before adding a bunch of pockets to the smaller pack but its much nicer carrying the shorter framed Xing if all I have is day gear and the possability of packing out a deer.

Last edited:

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to find some reasons to keep the Xing & pockets
As a friend has told me a time or two, the money is paid and it doesn't eat. I myself am currently trying to pair all my crap down to what I actually use so I get the idea to sell stuff off, but it won't cost anything to hang on to the pack for a while until you can be sure you don't have a use for it. As for me and packs, I have two for hunting, early and late season. And a small one for water ect, for a day out with the wife and dogs.

OP
mrbillbrown
Thanks fellas. I'm in the pairing down mode and trying to figure out what's really functional and needed vs just nice to have on hand. I too believe in the day pack for short trips and the big pack for long trips but this darn EMR2 seems to handle everything scenario I can think of outside of fanny pack style whitetail hunting. And I've already got that covered with a couple of other small packs. Thanks again for shedding some wisdom. Appreciate you guys