Those with more than one dog

In my experience a pointing breed and a flusher are a poor mix unless you are willing to devote serious and ongoing training. The flusher will start watching and when the pointer is on point, will run and flush the bird regardless of your position for a shot. A well controlled flusher is a nice fit with a pointer in heavy cover when you don't want to wade into a thicket to flush a bird and not be able to get a shot off.

If a young dog watches an older experienced dog do any task, the young dog will learn it much faster.
When starting pups on any new command whether simple obedience, steadiness or retrieving, I always "demonstrate" with a broke dog a few times in front of the kennel the new dog is in so he is watching. Makes the learning curve much easier for them...

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
I bred, own and hunt three field trial Labradors. I always have two in my truck when hunting waterfowl or upland birds. When the oldest grandma could still hunt (she's 13 now), I would have three in the truck. On long hard days, it is optimal for me to change out dogs, and I can pick and choose easier hunts for the younger dogs to participate in where they will get the most out of it with the least negatives or potential problems arising until they totally learn the hunting game, which is very different than running a trial dog. The older more experienced dogs get the really nasty pheasant cover or the goose hunt where the guys will likely be shooting a lot of big birds. And I will run multiple dogs at a time in wide open spaces such as sharptail hunting. Fun to watch a couple of black bounding blobs in native prairie grass chasing chickens together...

No down sides to owning and running more than one dog. Except the $$.

KurtR

WKR
I bred, own and hunt three field trial Labradors. I always have two in my truck when hunting waterfowl or upland birds. When the oldest grandma could still hunt (she's 13 now), I would have three in the truck. On long hard days, it is optimal for me to change out dogs, and I can pick and choose easier hunts for the younger dogs to participate in where they will get the most out of it with the least negatives or potential problems arising until they totally learn the hunting game, which is very different than running a trial dog. The older more experienced dogs get the really nasty pheasant cover or the goose hunt where the guys will likely be shooting a lot of big birds. And I will run multiple dogs at a time in wide open spaces such as sharptail hunting. Fun to watch a couple of black bounding blobs in native prairie grass chasing chickens together...

No down sides to owning and running more than one dog. Except the $$.
Mine just turned four so in the next year i will be getting another puppy what lines are your dogs out of? Starting to research different ones to find the traits that I want.

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
Mine just turned four so in the next year i will be getting another puppy what lines are your dogs out of? Starting to research different ones to find the traits that I want.
My sires in chronological order have been: Boo ( US National Champ), Mully ( US Amateur Champ) and Champ (2022 highpoint dog). I breed to my own dams out of Kenwood line. All pups have been promising dogs so far and excellent gun dogs when not trialing.

KurtR

WKR
My sires in chronological order have been: Boo ( US National Champ), Mully ( US Amateur Champ) and Champ (2022 highpoint dog). I breed to my own dams out of Kenwood line. All pups have been promising dogs so far and excellent gun dogs when not trialing.
Those are some dang nice dogs there . Lots of names in those pedigrees full of the best dogs to ever live.