Thoughts on Williams Western Precision Muzzleloading Fiber Optic Sight Set for a Knight Ultra Light?

I have this setup on my Ultra-Lite. I really like it. I use the Williams sight reticles throughout the day, but swap to the fiber optic insert for the first/last hour of daylight.

It's amazing how accurate you can shoot with a peep. PM me if you want to discuss details.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
timcorcoran
I have this setup on my Ultra-Lite. I really like it. I use the Williams sight reticles throughout the day, but swap to the fiber optic insert for the first/last hour of daylight.

It's amazing how accurate you can shoot with a peep. PM me if you want to discuss details.

That is great to hear. Why not stay with the fiber optic throughout the day? Do you feel it is less precise?

That is great to hear. Why not stay with the fiber optic throughout the day? Do you feel it is less precise?
Personal preference I suppose, but yes, I feel I am far more precise with the reticle insert than the fiber optic.

I use this reticle. I like that it is not too busy, but still gives me a holdover reference. With my particular load zeroed at 100 yards with the center crosshair, the next "crosshair" down is dead on at 250 yards.
783de56db3cf0691edfebf536501a12d.jpg

Last edited:
OP
timcorcoran
Personal preference I suppose, but yes, I feel I am far more precise with the reticle insert than the fiber optic.

I use this reticle. I like that is not too busy, but still gives me a holdover reference. With my particular load zeroed at 100 yards with the center crosshair, the next "crosshair" down is dead on at 250 yards.
783de56db3cf0691edfebf536501a12d.jpg

Thanks, this is very helpful!

gtriple

WKR
I ran this on my Knight UL 50 cal this season and it was fantastic. Based on light conditions, I'm comfortable out to 200-250yds with it.

Last edited:

gtriple

WKR
Wow - 200-250 yards is impressive. What kind of gun and what is your load?
Knight UL 50 cal with 300-grain Thor Hammers and 84 grains of Blackhorn 209. I'd have to have a perfect broadside or slightly quartering away shot at 200+, but it's capable.

badcrc

FNG
I ordered the standard WP sights with reticles (non-fiber optic) a few months ago and noticed it wouldn't be good in low light with the enclosed globe sight. Then I noticed the front globe was canted left and I returned it. Then they came out with the fiber optic version with holes cut in the front globe so I just ordered that from CFN a week ago for my CVA Accura V2. I got the Ace in the Hole set with the ghost ring then I got the twilight aperture rear sight to swap on the rear of the rail if I didn't like the ghost ring. I just put it on today and the front globe sight doesn't sit flush to the barrel. I can see light under it and see the screw. The very bottom sides of the globe hit the barrel and it doesn't go down flush. Either CFN sent a globe that's not for CVA or it's my second defective Williams globe sight in a row. Also I can already tell the fiber optic is way too small for my eyes, very hard for me to see it. I have a hard time focusing in the last 10 years and I can't see the ghost ring at all so that's going bye bye too. I'm going to stick to the twilight aperture and regular black aperture in the rear, and I guess I'll return the front globe for the second time and just get a regular front fiber optic sight. I'm tired of messing around with these Williams sights.

badcrc

FNG
Also forgot to mention the entire fiber optic insert is plastic and flexes really easily. Probably not an issue most of the time, but because it's only supported by the ring on the rear that the globe cap presses onto when you screw it in, I can see where a twig or almost anything could push the front of the fiber optic piece to the side and totally goof up your zero. There's no support for the blade except on the bottom rear where it's part of the ring.
W618190C.jpg

Wrench

WKR
I am running this rear after not really being impressed with the elevation of the williams set. I have .019" fiber that I will be installing in one of the steel globe inserts as soon as my tritium vial shows up to power the fiber.

I'm currently running the factory. 040" fiber front and with a 6 o'clock hold can make very accurate hits beyond 200.

I have enough elevation to put my 495gr bullet on target to 500yds.Screenshot_20221116-201043_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221116-201053_Gallery.jpg

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
I wish I had known about these fiber optic inserts this past September—very cool to see what they’re coming out with!