TI Goat Bivy

ndboy

FNG
For those that have used both the Borah and TI goat, is the quality similar between the two?

dotman

WKR
Yup the quality is similar, I like that my Borah bug bivy is more rectangular and doesn't tapper, better foot room IMO.

I'm 5'11 210 and I have a long wide synmat ul9 and 0* long wide EE quilt. They easily fit in the Borah for protection and give me plenty of moving around room.

Last edited:

Ben

WKR
I used to have a TI goat bivy. After a few months of emailing and calling about a few questions with no response, I decided to sell it. I have no patience for poor customer service. I'll be picking up a Borah Bivy for next season.

colonel00

WKR
I used to have a TI goat bivy. After a few months of emailing and calling about a few questions with no response, I decided to sell it. I have no patience for poor customer service. I'll be picking up a Borah Bivy for next season.

Not trying to beat you up but your statement is a little vague. What questions did you have that made you sell a product that you already owned? Was there something wrong with the bivy or some other functional question? I guess I'm just confused as a bivy is a pretty simple "device" so I'm trying to understand what would drive you to sell it.

I have had both the Omni-Raven and Ti-goat ptarmigan bivy as well as a borah bivy with M-90 top. Both brands are very good both top quality. IMO hard to beat a for the value

lintond

WKR
Do you guys with floorless tents use anything else other then a bivy bag or do you just use the bivy on top of the bare ground in the floorless tent? Just trying to figure out what all I need for my new floorless tent I have coming and yes I'm new to the floorless tent thing. Thanks

I have gone the floor less route the past two years with several nights spent in heavy rain. I used the TI Omni Raven Bivy the first year in ParaTarp. This past year I ditched the bivy (kept it though) and just ran a tyvek ground cloth. It kept my bag and pad clean in addition to giving me a surface to keep my other gear clear. I did switch to the larger MegaTarp also. If I was in an area with a lot of bugs I would bring along the bivy.

OP

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Luna 6 with the bug netting around the bottom coming and been trying to decide on bivy's or 30"x90" bathtub floor from BPWD. To many choices but I can't wait to try this floorless tent thing.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have a Luna 6 with the bug netting around the bottom coming and been trying to decide on bivy's or 30"x90" bathtub floor from BPWD. To many choices but I can't wait to try this floorless tent thing.

Personally, I would go with the bivy over the bathtub floor as its more protection than just a bathtub floor..

That and the bivy would be also more versatile in use with other floorless shelters that may not be as accommodating as the Luna 6 for the bathtub floor.

ridgefire

WKR
I have the raven omni zip and use it with a paratarp or pentalite 4 and have been real happy with it. Super light and keeps everything nice and tidy while sleeping. Started off using tyvek and it worked fine.

Ben

WKR
My comment was vague because I never got an answer and didn't want to put even an educated assumption on the Internet.

colonel00

WKR
My comment was vague because I never got an answer and didn't want to put even an educated assumption on the Internet.
Sure, but you are still avoiding a simple request to what your question was or what drive you to still a product that you already owned. We here are a collective of peeps that could possibly help you with this elusive question.

OP

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Luke for the info and I hadn't looked at it that way. The bivy's can be used in any tent floor or floorless. Back to bivy shopping again.

Ben

WKR
The bivy was supposed to have a reinforced attachment point for the bug netting and stake loops which it did not. I also requested the bottom was made with a more durable material which I suspect it was not. It appeared to me that I was shipped a regular stock bivy when I wanted some added features. It was a last minute purchase so I took it along with me anyways. I called and emailed to ask about my suspicions but was never contacted back. I sold it so I could buy the bivy that I had in mind.

Again, these issues were not confirmed due to the lack of communication. For that reason I did not want to post them but rather warn folks about the customer service.