Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

OP
sbaker0029
Thinking about getting mine cut and threaded for a suppressor when I get it Cerakoted.

I've never owned a suppressor, but am curious to try one. Any recommendations for best choices on a RSS? Have barrel cut to 16"?
I think the TBAC ultra 7 has a really good reputation here and the new SilencerCo scythe Ti is looking pretty good as well, just too new for large sample size.

Machingeaneer

Lil-Rokslider
Got it all mounted up tonight. We'll see how long this nice wood hangs around. Might wait for everyone to get their rokstocks so I can snag a roughtech takeoff on the cheap lol.
IMG_20240212_202332.jpg
Even hooked up the .22 with a set of sportsmatch rings.
IMG_20240212_193530.jpg
Things got a little western tightening up the bases and I cracked an inch or so of the dovetail off on the old marlin, oops. Might be a sign for an upgrade.

OP
sbaker0029
Ultra 7s incoming (someday). Also one of those cool looking Silencerco Switchback .22lr.
Hopefully you won't have a super long wait.
That switchback looks pretty sweet.

I'm hoping that SilencerCo does the buy one get one free this year. I'll definitely be getting the scythe and whatever rimfire they giveaway with it.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do it! You won't regret. But if you do, I'll take it of your hands lol

What two do they have?
That one is blued obviously but is it a compact or just a plain lite?
The other is a Vanguard 6.5 that I would get to canibalize.

They have a Tikka CTR in 6.5 that looks barely used, it kinda caught my eye too…

OP
sbaker0029
The other is a Vanguard 6.5 that I would get to canibalize.

They have a Tikka CTR in 6.5 that looks barely used, it kinda caught my eye too…
Go with that blued 223. Get a case of cheap but decent anmo and shoot the crap out it. It's the next step up from plinking with a .22lr.
Once you start shooting you'll see why so many people make a big to do about the RSS

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Go with that blued 223. Get a case of cheap but decent anmo and shoot the crap out it. It's the next step up from plinking with a .22lr.
Once you start shooting you'll see why so many people make a big to do about the RSS
No doubt. So tempting to do just that again. I sold my .223 bolt and practice with my AR for .223 effective distances.

I've been wanting a can for my 6.5cm, but all this Rokslide reading and I'm debating a smaller caliber build instead. Only curve ball, I'm a lefty. So really have no idea how to get myself to a 223 unless there's a clear rechamber path. 22creed the other idea I've been toying given Tikka sells the 22-250. I don't hand load [yet] though, so well priced factory ammo availability a big plus for me at the moment (which 22creed might eventually have?). Any way to RSS for me or should I go the 22creed route? And if I'm able to build either, what purpose does my 6.5cm serve? Backup for any state mandated caliber hunts? Convert to a chassis build for longer range target shooting instead of the light Rokstok-bound hunter it is now?

I've been wanting a can for my 6.5cm, but all this Rokslide reading and I'm debating a smaller caliber build instead. Only curve ball, I'm a lefty. So really have no idea how to get myself to a 223 unless there's a clear rechamber path. 22creed the other idea I've been toying given Tikka sells the 22-250. I don't hand load [yet] though, so well priced factory ammo availability a big plus for me at the moment (which 22creed might eventually have?). Any way to RSS for me or should I go the 22creed route? And if I'm able to build either, what purpose does my 6.5cm serve? Backup for any state mandated caliber hunts? Convert to a chassis build for longer range target shooting instead of the light Rokstok-bound hunter it is now?

I’d shoot a suppressed 6.5 over rawdogging any centerfire rifle all day long. Get a can first.

A suppressed 6.5Creed is the ultimate do it all combo under 800 yds. 223’s are a blast and easy to shoot but run out of steam past 500ish yds. You do still need a 223, but get that silencer on order ASAP.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’d shoot a suppressed 6.5 over rawdogging any centerfire rifle all day long. Get a can first.

A suppressed 6.5Creed is the ultimate do it all combo under 800 yds. 223’s are a blast and easy to shoot but run out of steam past 500ish yds. You do still need a 223, but get that silencer on order ASAP.
I know it’s not the popular thing on rokslide but I love my chopped/suppressed 30-06. Suppressed 6.5 creed is awesome too ( I have a few of them).

Last edited:
Had a blast with my .223 RSS yesterday. Packed my 12in steel plate into a new mountain spot and went to town at 500, 600, 720 yards. At 500 and 600 it was first round misses, not enough wind hold. The next 10-15 would be on the plate. Ended up needing 1-1.5 mils at 500 and closer to 2.0 at 600.

At 720 things had fallen apart. Mostly misses in every direction high, low, left, right 😂 feels like it just ran out of steam. These are just thrown charges so maybe I need to tighten up the ES and measure some out? 75gr BTHP at 2820fps..impact velocity down around 1400fps at the father distance. Not sure why it was so much more difficult than 600 but it was.

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider
That sounds really fun. I had to take my blued Compact in to get Cerakoted, so I'm back on hold.

Currently running a Tikka 695 7Mag (since 1998), wears a Leupy VX6, a Tikka T3 7-08 with Leupy VX3 3-10x42, Tikka CTR in 6.5CM wears a LRHSI, Tikka t3X 6.5CM LRHSi.
Any issues with your VX-3 holding zero? Ive read some posts on here about having issues with this the day AFTER I bought mine (of course).

May think about selling before I even open it if I can

JGRaider

WKR
I wound up having to send it back to Leupy for dialing issues. I had the custom shop put a B&C reticle in it and send it back to me, and I used it for a few years on a Tikka 7mm08 successfully, but didn't dial it anymore. I wound up selling it eventually.