Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

Its just the OEM compact stock with a spacer (spacer makes it regular size) and a gunskin wrap in true timber viper western
Gotcha. I was a little scared about doing a wrap because I was afraid of getting wrinkles in it. The youtube video I saw was a little tedious

Gotcha. I was a little scared about doing a wrap because I was afraid of getting wrinkles in it. The youtube video I saw was a little tedious
Yea it looks good from far but up close there's some spots where it's peeling bc of the curve of the stalk. It's only like 65 bucks though. Mossy oak gunskins are another cheaper option too I did two other stocks with them. I think you can get the stockys stocks in that true timber viper western pattern you don't want to do a wrap

Last edited:

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
New to the cult, I mean fan club.

Before I rob the SWFA 3-15 off my Grendel does anyone have much experience running the Milquad DM reticle on a hunting rifle? I live the scope but being a SFP with the giant diamond in the center its useless for minor holds. Never bothered me on coyotes and paper but never used it for big game.

Other than that any pros/cons to running the rings mounted right to the action vs buying a pic rail?

Attachments

• 20240301_162639.jpg
    20240301_162639.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 67
OP
sbaker0029
New to the cult, I mean fan club.

Before I rob the SWFA 3-15 off my Grendel does anyone have much experience running the Milquad DM reticle on a hunting rifle? I live the scope but being a SFP with the giant diamond in the center its useless for minor holds. Never bothered me on coyotes and paper but never used it for big game.

Other than that any pros/cons to running the rings mounted right to the action vs buying a pic rail?
Just get a new swfa 3-15 ffp and problem solved 😆

Pic rail if you want to move scope around to other guns
UM or sportsmatch rings otherwise

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider

If they made one with a capped windage I'd be on it like a fat kid on cake. 🤣

The UM rings look good I'll probably snag them.

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Finally able to shoot my Rokslide special. Ran 20 rounds of factory Hornaday 143 ELDx through it for a base line. Pretty pleased so far.

I did throw an Unknown Muntitions trigger spring in it and I may remove that. Trigger is silly light weight, probably lighter than I should run hunting.

Attachments

• 20240316_183947.jpg
    20240316_183947.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 39

cjdewese

WKR

Just picked up a 3-15 to put on a t3x in 243. I ordered the Sportsmatch TO84, looks like a few others are doing something similar, so I am assuming it will work out ok.

OP
sbaker0029
Just picked up a 3-15 to put on a t3x in 243. I ordered the Sportsmatch TO84, looks like a few others are doing something similar, so I am assuming it will work out ok.
No doubt it will work out okay. Wish they would stock some 3-9x though. I've got a t3x 243 that needs a scope as well.

Update on mine. Got the barrel cut to 18”, threaded, and a CGS Hyperion K. Shoots better than it did before.
View attachment 689470

Any issues having the superlite threaded and what pitch threads
Looks like you have an adapter or added shoulder, can't tell from the pic.