Tikka T3 Super Lite 7mm Rem Mag Mountain Rifle

Brock.......any idea which thread pattern was used? Also train to hunt looks awesome........have to see if I can get in shape by then........if not I'd be willing to volunteer in North Idaho.
Robert, I'm not sure what thread pattern he used. And I hope to see you in N. Idaho for the TTH event!

I have bugging Justin some about handloading for mine. I am just about all geared up to start building ammo:) do you know what recipe you'll be testing first?

I only have the Lite version in 7mm Rem, but I've had success with Reloader 22 & 168 he Berger classic Hunters. 64 gr got me .472" at 100 yards but 62 & 63 gr were just over the half inch mark. I was shooting indoors so I wasn't able to run them across the chronograph, but will as soon as it warms up. I'm expecting them to be around 2900 fps though.

I only have the Lite version in 7mm Rem, but I've had success with Reloader 22 & 168 he Berger classic Hunters. 64 gr got me .472" at 100 yards but 62 & 63 gr were just over the half inch mark. I was shooting indoors so I wasn't able to run them across the chronograph, but will as soon as it warms up. I'm expecting them to be around 2900 fps though.

Thanks for the info. I am wanting to work up a good 160 grain accubond load but will definitely see what the bergers can do too. I haven't been able to find any RE22 yet. Always looking now though. And I did get a few others to get going with.

Thanks for the info. I am wanting to work up a good 160 grain accubond load but will definitely see what the bergers can do too. I haven't been able to find any RE22 yet. Always looking now though. And I did get a few others to get going with.
I tried the 160 Accubonds with both the 22 & Retumbo and couldn't get it to group, but that's just my gun and yours might be different. I was going to try Accubonds with some 19 & H1000 but when I sawchow good the Bergers grouped I decided to quit while I was ahead. Although I did bump up a couple more grains to try something a little hotter.

It's going! Stock shipped and mike has the action. Waiting on barrel now. Just got my scope. Hopefully I will have it mid May to chase some bears

I tried the 160 Accubonds with both the 22 & Retumbo and couldn't get it to group, but that's just my gun and yours might be different. I was going to try Accubonds with some 19 & H1000 but when I sawchow good the Bergers grouped I decided to quit while I was ahead. Although I did bump up a couple more grains to try something a little hotter.

I have read good things about 4831 and 7828. Time will tell and I am really excited to get underway. Does anyone have any experience with the 154gr Hornady Interbonds (not interlock) for me it's an intriguing bullet that I have read good things about also. I think the bullet has been discontinued but I still see them on shelves now and then.

I have read good things about 4831 and 7828. Time will tell and I am really excited to get underway. Does anyone have any experience with the 154gr Hornady Interbonds (not interlock) for me it's an intriguing bullet that I have read good things about also. I think the bullet has been discontinued but I still see them on shelves now and then.

4831 is always a solid option for the 7RM. My Ruger really liked RL19 and 150gr Swift Scirocco II's (.531 BC)

I have good luck with retumbo 168 berger hybrid hunters w my sako a7. H1000 groups weren't as good. I had rl22 and 4832sc to try but stopped when retumbo printed these.

Attachments

• moto_0103.jpg
    moto_0103.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 175
  • moto_0101.jpg
    moto_0101.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Update: My T3 in 7mm RM is definitely living up to my expectations. the consulting I received on Rokslide was integral to both the rifle set up, break in, and especially in learning the ropes for reloading. Currently I am shooting 168grain Berger Classic Hunters over Retumbo at 2950 fps. I am getting groups well under moa, and at longer ranges things are also coming together quite well.
Here's the rifle:

Here's a view I enjoyed last weekend looking for bears:

And here's the approx 1.5MOA rock I made a first round hit on at 730 yards (and a 2nd shot hit as well):

In my load work up, I did a trajectory validation at 300 yards. these shots last weekend were the first I had ever taken at anything beyond 300 yards, ever, with any weapon. I am tickled.

I shot a little more after that at 625 yards and was tucking most shots into 1- 1.5 moa. I had been very anxious to finally get the opportunity to shoot further but also feel that the time I put in at the range, having never shot much over 150 yards, was critical. from the time I purchased this rifle in December to last weekend, I have shot over 200 rounds of high powered rifle ammo at fairly short ranges. about 140 of them through this particular rifle. I have never been a very good shot on paper, so getting consistent and comfortable behind the rifle was 80% of the battle for me. I forced myself to get consistency at short range before giving into the temptation to shoot further. Thanks again to everyone who has chimed in on this thread. I still have lots to learn but good direction from the get-go has really streamlined things so far.

Back