Tikka t3x accessory screw replacement

TkeeneMT

FNG
I took my tikka into a shop to get the action screws torqued. The guy accidentally torqued a third screw. It’s the accessory screw and it snapped off. Anyone had any luck finding a replacement for it?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yes between the swivel stud and second action screw
Oh that screw isn’t good for anything unless you want to put that fat friend piece on. I say fill the hole with epoxy and smooth it out on top of the broken screw.

If it really bugs you, get a left hand drill bit and drill it out and don’t worry about it.

If it really really bugs you, get a new stock on the classifieds.

OP
T

TkeeneMT

FNG
Oh that screw isn’t good for anything unless you want to put that fat friend piece on. I say fill the hole with epoxy and smooth it out on top of the broken screw.

If it really bugs you, get a left hand drill bit and drill it out and don’t worry about it.

If it really really bugs you, get a new stock on the classifieds.
Eh don’t really want to pay for a new stock. It’s a lefty stock to begin with and for some reason tikka stocks are weird to come by. Ever heard of anyone getting lucky with finding something at a hardware store?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Eh don’t really want to pay for a new stock. It’s a lefty stock to begin with and for some reason tikka stocks are weird to come by. Ever heard of anyone getting lucky with finding something at a hardware store?
If you know the pitch and size and all that I’m sure you could find one easily. I’d honestly just fill in the hole and move on with things. But again, I never plan to make use of that screw/hole.

OP
T

TkeeneMT

FNG
If you know the pitch and size and all that I’m sure you could find one easily. I’d honestly just fill in the hole and move on with things. But again, I never plan to make use of that screw/hole.
Ya not sure on size or pitch of it. I have the head to it and the other portion is still in the stock

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
No but I would just like to have a screw to fill in the whole to keep dust and dirt out. Also for aesthetics
Pm me your address…I’ll send you one from a stock I have lying around

OP
T

TkeeneMT

FNG
Pm me your address…I’ll send you one from a stock I have lying around
I just made my account. Going to have to wait for a week before I can PM. Once I can I’ll send you a PM. Thanks a lot man I appreciate it

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I believe it's an M5 25mm.
^probably right; wasn’t sure if it’s an M5 just eyeballing it…
It’s a T25 flush fit head, ~3/4” long. Same thread pitch as the screw for the palm grip (although different head type and ~1/4 longer) . It doesn’t go to anything in its factory set up…just threads into a brass fitting under the barrel.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I think it is a 10-32 machine screw. The pitch is about the same as an M5, but the 10-32 is a slightly smaller diameter.

The sling stud I just measured was 10-32, I think it came from a Tikka, but could have been from a different rifle.

It won’t help you this time… but man, do yourself a favor and get a Wheeler Fat Wrench for around $50-60 on Amazon. They come in handy so often… action screws, scope rings, bases, etc.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It won’t help you this time… but man, do yourself a favor and get a Wheeler Fat Wrench for around $50-60 on Amazon. They come in handy so often… action screws, scope rings, bases, etc.
I'm a retarded ape when it comes to torquing fasteners. Torque wrenches save me a lot of machining bills. It took me a bit as a teenager to learn that tightening until I could not turn it any more was a bad idea. That is still what my brain defaults to though.

The catch is, even with a torque wrench, that little accessory screw might break if setting it for an action screw. Now I have to restrain myself and not go try and break one off.