Tikka T3x Roughtech 6.5 PRC Range Report!!!!!!

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
Finally took my 6.5 PRC Roughtech out to shoot a few groups and couldn't be happier with the results. The first group of the day was just over .5 and the second group was .322. Both with factory Hornady Match 147 ELD-M. I had plans of dropping it in an aftermarket stock, possibly a Mesa Altitude but now I think ill just leave it alone. I plan to take it out to bang some steel and verify dope at longer ranges soon. As with all my other Tikka's I'm pretty happy with it! IMG-6804.jpg

Good looking setup! I have had nothing but success with my Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm rem mag... Excellent accuracy and quality for the money. Just curious, do you plan to hunt with those 147 ELDM's?

OP
bow_hunt32

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
Good looking setup! I have had nothing but success with my Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm rem mag... Excellent accuracy and quality for the money. Just curious, do you plan to hunt with those 147 ELDM's?
I may, Aaron Davidson of gunwerks has a podcast discussing the use of these bullets with great results and he has forgotten more about bullets and terminal ballistics than most of us will ever learn in a lifetime.

TheViking

WKR
I think that is exactly what @TheViking has and it is like magic. I had never laid a finger on it and sat down behind it to shoot a 5/6 shot group of similar size. It is not the rifle for someone who likes to fiddle and monkey around with things because it can't be improved on.
Insane accuracy without touching a thing - very impressed with my rifle (identical to yours).

I do wish the stock had a raised cheek piece - thinking of having a leather one made to tie onto the butt of the stock. Always seems like I have to pull my cheek up a bit.

hiker270

WKR
My Tikka Roughtech 6.5 Creedmoor shoots Barnes TTSX 120, Federal 127 LRX, Federal 130 Trophy Bonded Tip and Hornady 143 ELD-X all under MOA. I reload for almost all my rifles from 22 Hornet to 300 Win Mag. Not gonna bother reloading the 6.5 since I probably can't improve on the factory stuff.

TheViking

WKR
Did you check velocity?
2860 average with Factory ELDX (100fps slow from box)
2835 average with Factory Norma Golden Target (150fps slow from box)

I belong to a Facebook 6.5 PRC group and these numbers match up pretty similar to others guys shooting 6.5 PRC rifles with 24" barrels. Tikka does tend to run a touch slow though.

I picked up a few boxes of the Norma Bondstrike 143's to test out. They have a box velocity of 2953 (24" barrel). One guy on that group said he was getting 2900 with the same Tikka Roughtech 6.5 PRC...I will report back when I get a chance to sling some rounds.

slowelk

WKR
2860 is 260 FPS faster than my buddy's 24" 6.5 creedmoor tikka did with factory precision hunter 143s.

Normal meaning not tikka speeds. Tikka 6.5 creed with factory 140 class bullets are 2500-2600fps in my experience. Creed velocity in my aftermarket barrels are 2700-2850 with same ammo, and even shorter barrels in some cases.