Tikka T3x roughtech ember

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got the itch for a new longer range lite mule deer/elk gun. Have always had tikkas and was set on trying a Christiansen. After looking at them I really like the Tikka roughtech ember in 300wsm. I keep guns in stock form and looking at all of them it seems the Tikka is hard to beat considering I can buy it for $1050 out the door. Thinking of putting a Razor LHT 4.5-22 on it with mountain tactical rail and Vortex PMR rings in medium. Ive been out of the game on putting rifles together for a while so I hope I am on the right track here! Open to ammo suggestions as well. Was thinking of trying Barnes LRX, trophy copper or Accubonds.

Requirements
Figure out exactly what you want this entire setup to achieve and then go from there.

Rifle
The Ember more than likely will be fine as-is. If not, then you can proceed to the WKR-mandated but often not actually needed modifications.

Scope
I'd do hard pass on the Razor. It did fail Form's drop test. But Vortex also raised their prices significantly this year on the LHTs so any value proposition they once had is now gone.

The Trijicon Credo (regular and HX) and TenMile lines (regular and HX) passed the drop test and are the ballpark from a price perspective. You can find demo or open box NF NX8s for around the same price as well.

Ammo
Figure out exactly what you want the entire setup to achieve (ex: kill bull elk at 800 yards with X amount of accuracy) and filter cartridge options from there.

Gila

WKR
I’ve got the itch for a new longer range lite mule deer/elk gun. Have always had tikkas and was set on trying a Christiansen. After looking at them I really like the Tikka roughtech ember in 300wsm. I keep guns in stock form and looking at all of them it seems the Tikka is hard to beat considering I can buy it for $1050 out the door. Thinking of putting a Razor LHT 4.5-22 on it with mountain tactical rail and Vortex PMR rings in medium. Ive been out of the game on putting rifles together for a while so I hope I am on the right track here! Open to ammo suggestions as well. Was thinking of trying Barnes LRX, trophy copper or Accubonds.
I like the way the ember looks with the stainless. Definitely want a lightweight scope with low profile rings. I put a 20 MOA rail on a lite and needed a cheek riser to get a good cheek meld. On my T3 I used low profile rings with no pic rail on a scope with a 50mm bell and I don’t need a cheek riser....just some food for thought. They are inherently accurate rifles and easy to carry.

fmyth

WKR
Where can you find the Ember for $1050 out the door? I am looking for one too.

OP
M

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
Where can you find the Ember for $1050 out the door? I am looking for one too
I was wrong on the price. The price is $1175 and is the last one they have available in 300wsm. Which caliber are you looking for? Reeds Sporting goods in Minnesota has great prices.

Gila

WKR
Stainless is an option which is a couple hundred bucks more. Just be careful when ordering online.

Stainless is an option which is a couple hundred bucks more. Just be careful when ordering online.
The item I posted was MPN: JRTXRBS331R10 and UPC: 082442943473. That is the part number for the stainless version (only version that I know of for the Ember line).

I have purchased many products from this particular vendor, including an assortment of firearms, and never have had an issue.

But you are right. Always be careful of where you buy but more importantly, be careful of where you go to for "facts".

fmyth

WKR
I was wrong on the price. The price is $1175 and is the last one they have available in 300wsm. Which caliber are you looking for? Reeds Sporting goods in Minnesota has great prices.
Thank you. I am looking for an Ember in 6.5C and the best price I can find is just over $1,250 with tax, shipping, and insurance. If you had found that price at a national retailer I would try to get my local dealer to match it.

TheViking

WKR
I have a regular Roughtech in 6.5 PRC, shoots sub 1/2 MOA with two different factory rounds. Hard to beat that for the price. I may upgrade the stock, Idk...hard to mess with a gun that shoots that good.

hseII

FNG

Reeds is solid.

I bought a rifle from them this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alg22

FNG
Classified Approved
I have on order Ember stock ($199 from JA Outdoors Firearm Solutions) for a Tikka T3X 6.5CM ($649).
For roughly $750 will have a blued Ember 6.5CM (assuming sell the T3X stock for $100).
Waiting on the SWFA 10x scope for $200... just an inexpensive option.

Mpaschke7

FNG
Requirements
Figure out exactly what you want this entire setup to achieve and then go from there.

Rifle
The Ember more than likely will be fine as-is. If not, then you can proceed to the WKR-mandated but often not actually needed modifications.

Scope
I'd do hard pass on the Razor. It did fail Form's drop test. But Vortex also raised their prices significantly this year on the LHTs so any value proposition they once had is now gone.

The Trijicon Credo (regular and HX) and TenMile lines (regular and HX) passed the drop test and are the ballpark from a price perspective. You can find demo or open box NF NX8s for around the same price as well.

Ammo
Figure out exactly what you want the entire setup to achieve (ex: kill bull elk at 800 yards with X amount of accuracy) and filter cartridge options from there.
Eurooptics had some Trijicon Credos and Tenmile scopes in their sale section for 1/2 price.

OP
M

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
I am sticking with the vortex LHT. I have been hard on my past Vortex scopes with no issues and the LHT fills the criteria I want. I can also buy one for 1k.

I am sticking with the vortex LHT. I have been hard on my past Vortex scopes with no issues and the LHT fills the criteria I want. I can also buy one for 1k.
Awesome. Great to see a person make a decision and will actually own the outcome. This is quite rare today in America.

Alg22

FNG
Classified Approved
Please do share where you can find this scope for $1k. is that using first responder/verterans/LEO discount? Sounds like you will have a very nice long range hunting and precision shooting setup.

OP
M

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
Please do share where you can find this scope for $1k. is that using first responder/verterans/LEO discount? Sounds like you will have a very nice long range hunting and precision shooting setup.
Liberty optics. Just a tad over $1k