Traditional books

I hunted with Ron this past spring and spent some time in camp. He was just getting his latest book off the press. I’m finally getting around to reading it. What else is new in traditional archery readings ?

978c8045b37292a5da712bfd6e684cb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjh

FNG
Picked up Son of the Longbow by Marv Coyncke while I was in Colorado in Sept. Not yet finished. Barry Wensel recently put out The Old Man and the Tree A Different Approach to Deer Hunting. I got it off amazon but if you get it directly from Barry I bet he would sign it for you.

Attachments

• IMG_8827.png
    IMG_8827.png
    592.7 KB · Views: 14

PHo

WKR
+1 on the Paul Schafer biography “Silvertip.” I’m currently reading it and I’m loving how it offers an insight on not just a legendary bowhunter, but also on the overall hunting mindset of the time. It’s quite refreshing compared to what we have now on YouTube.

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
"Hunting with the Bow and Arrow" by Saxton Pope is a classic. Written about 100 years ago, the language may seem a bit odd but it started me on my trad journey back in high school . . . of course the language didn't seem odd to me because that was about 100 years ago! I'd also suggest Fred Bear's Fieldnotes and "Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers" by Jay Massey.

bisblue

WKR
"Hunting with the Bow and Arrow" by Saxton Pope is a classic. Written about 100 years ago, the language may seem a bit odd but it started me on my trad journey back in high school . . . of course the language didn't seem odd to me because that was about 100 years ago! I'd also suggest Fred Bear's Fieldnotes and "Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers" by Jay Massey.
It's interesting reading that one from today's hunting ethics and reading about them group shooting at deer 150 yards away. Someone would get roasted talking about doing that on a forum today, especially on a crusty trad forum!

Great read though.

OP
S
The journals of Lewis and Clark on audible is pretty good so far. It seems to be a condensed version of undaunted courage.

Thanks for all the replies. I’m looking forward to the suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk